• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Titanium Iridium Polarized Custom Cut Lenses For XX?

HeavyChevy

Oakley Expert
Alberta
Hi everyone. Just wondered if anyone has tried getting custom cut Titanium Iridium Polarized lenses for the 24K XX? Or can it even be done? If so do they look pretty good? Any pics? I assume that if they go well with the 24K X-Squared and Juliet that they should look good with the XX... maybe. I would like to have a polarized option and maybe a less "flashy" option for the 24K XX. If they didn't look great on the 24K XX I could also use them on my X-metal frame XX and I am sure that they would look okay.

Also, if it can be done what kind of donor lenses would I need to pick up?

Thanks in advance!

My advice is to use chrome or chrome polarized from big taco. I have a juliet titanium polarized lens; it's great. Chrome polarized is almost the same, and looks better, arguably.

Yes, titanium is a bronze-based lens compared to chrome being a grey-based lens; both are dark plus they provide unique colors for about any frame.

Interesting options. My concern would be that the Chrome Iridium Polarized would have more of a silver-colored reflective iridium which may not match as well with the 24K XX gold frame compared to the Titanium Iridium Polarized having more of a bronze-colored reflective iridium which may match better to the gold. I am not sure about this though because I am not sure I have seen the Titanium Iridium Polarized lenses in person. I am thinking that the Chrome Iridium Polarized lenses could look pretty good in the X-metal frame XX. Thanks for your input guys.

Back