• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Titanium or not Titanium?

Frankly

Oakley Beginner
As I stated in the "Introduce yourself", I own a pair of X-Squareds with the X-Metal frames. I was told the frames are made of Titanium. Is this correct?
Thank You,
Frankly

As I stated in the "Introduce yourself", I own a pair of X-Squareds with the X-Metal frames. I was told the frames are made of Titanium. Is this correct?
Thank You,
Frankly
don't get discouraged man, I had a lot of questions when I first jumped aboard. these guys like to teach us the hard way. lol I

if it helps though, I've never seen a frame in the XS made in Titanium. the X Metal finish is the closest
I've seen. a picture of the SKU would help but, I still think they never made the XS in Titanium. I'm not a pro, so don't take my word for it.

if it helps though, I've never seen a frame in the XS made in Titanium. the X Metal finish is the closest
I've seen. a picture of the SKU would help but, I still think they never made the XS in Titanium. I'm not a pro, so don't take my word for it.
He's asking if they are made "OF" titanium .....not "IN" titanium finish.

It's an X-Metal ....... ;)

Yeah, actually a Ti alloy instead of pure Ti.

And they liked to confuse us with reuse of names - Titanium was the main component of the alloy, but also one of the finishes. And they called that alloy "x-metal", which they also called the product line, but it was also one of the finishes. And then only frames made at the Nevada factory were considered part of the x-metal product line, yet they made a prescription frame out of the x-metal alloy.

So you had frames made of x-metal that weren't x-metals, and x-metals made of x-metal without an x-metal finish. It's led to a lot of questions... Not to mention the introduction of the "neXt-metals" as x-metals, which have no Ti at all...

BTW the Ti finish was only available for the R1, Juliet, and Penny. But with the R1 and Juliet, Ti had a slight yellowish hue compared to the more silvery plasma finish, but with the Penny, Ti looked like plasma on the other frames. And they didn't release the Penny in plasma, for comparison...

And then Frankly was first responded to by OakleyFrankFMJ, who was once accidentally called OakleyFreakFMJ in confusion with another member known as OakleyFreak. So does that mean he'll next be confused as OakleyFranklyFMJly???

:hi:

Yeah, actually a Ti alloy instead of pure Ti.

And they liked to confuse us with reuse of names - Titanium was the main component of the alloy, but also one of the finishes. And they called that alloy "x-metal", which they also called the product line, but it was also one of the finishes. And then only frames made at the Nevada factory were considered part of the x-metal product line, yet they made a prescription frame out of the x-metal alloy.

So you had frames made of x-metal that weren't x-metals, and x-metals made of x-metal without an x-metal finish. It's led to a lot of questions... Not to mention the introduction of the "neXt-metals" as x-metals, which have no Ti at all...

BTW the Ti finish was only available for the R1, Juliet, and Penny. But with the R1 and Juliet, Ti had a slight yellowish hue compared to the more silvery plasma finish, but with the Penny, Ti looked like plasma on the other frames. And they didn't release the Penny in plasma, for comparison...

And then Frankly was first responded to by OakleyFrankFMJ, who was once accidentally called OakleyFreakFMJ in confusion with another member known as OakleyFreak. So does that mean he'll next be confused as OakleyFranklyFMJly???

:hi:
You just gave me a headache, dude. And made me dizzy. I'm dumping my collection and switching to the O Matter frames, Thanks to you.

Latest Posts

Back