• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Titanium or not Titanium?

Yeah, actually a Ti alloy instead of pure Ti.

And they liked to confuse us with reuse of names - Titanium was the main component of the alloy, but also one of the finishes. And they called that alloy "x-metal", which they also called the product line, but it was also one of the finishes. And then only frames made at the Nevada factory were considered part of the x-metal product line, yet they made a prescription frame out of the x-metal alloy.

So you had frames made of x-metal that weren't x-metals, and x-metals made of x-metal without an x-metal finish. It's led to a lot of questions... Not to mention the introduction of the "neXt-metals" as x-metals, which have no Ti at all...

BTW the Ti finish was only available for the R1, Juliet, and Penny. But with the R1 and Juliet, Ti had a slight yellowish hue compared to the more silvery plasma finish, but with the Penny, Ti looked like plasma on the other frames. And they didn't release the Penny in plasma, for comparison...

And then Frankly was first responded to by OakleyFrankFMJ, who was once accidentally called OakleyFreakFMJ in confusion with another member known as OakleyFreak. So does that mean he'll next be confused as OakleyFranklyFMJly???

:hi:
And my answer would have been "yes along with other secret stuff". :rofl:

How's that? You mean like how they have an x-metal frame called XX and a completely different o-matter frame also called XX?

Or are you counting the TiO2 XX colorway as a release of the Ti finish (because I'm not)... ;)

You know, I stand corrected...(well I'm actually sitting). Got so mixed up in the different threads..........giving me a headache too!

The TiO2 (Titanium Dioxide) is the most confusing name of a colorway ever. :confused:
Totally agree!

Titanium dioxide, also known as titanium(IV) oxide or titania, is the naturally occurring oxide of titanium, chemical formula TiO
2. When used as a pigment, it is called titanium white, Pigment White 6 (PW6), or CI 77891. (From Wikipedia)

Titanium White would be a good douche bag finish though :D

Totally agree!

Titanium dioxide, also known as titanium(IV) oxide or titania, is the naturally occurring oxide of titanium, chemical formula TiO
2. When used as a pigment, it is called titanium white, Pigment White 6 (PW6), or CI 77891. (From Wikipedia)

Titanium White would be a good douche bag finish though :D

You mean douche white like this painted one on ebay?

painted juliet.png

Back