• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Titanium or Plasma?

My post may have been in jest but also in truth - With the differences in lighting, cameras, and displays, you can't really definitively say from those pics. Sure they make look plasma to some but that really doesn't mean anything. Putting them next to a polished R1 is on the right track but still not enough - you need to post pics of them side-by-side with a known example of Ti or plasma to reduce those aforementioned variables. Even then I've seen some variation within a particular finish, where a known Ti looks more plasma or vice versa, so even that's not definitive. Really, if you don't have the original lens or packaging then it's all just a best guess.

So I say Titasma...

Congrats. It's a nice frame either way. Unfortunately no definitive way to really tell without original box.

Pics, lighting and varying finishes do make it difficult to say for sure. I have been through a similar situation and looking at a bunch of other peoples pics helped narrow down the possibilities.
Bone Titanium/Chrome serial 025325
Second gen Titanium/Titanium serial 062668A
Plasma/Ice serial 008708
IMG_5303.JPG

IMG_5304.JPG

IMG_5307.JPG

IMG_5306.JPG

IMG_5308.JPG

Pics, lighting and varying finishes do make it difficult to say for sure. I have been through a similar situation and looking at a bunch of other peoples pics helped narrow down the possibilities.
Plasma/Ice serial 008708
View attachment 313021
View attachment 313022
View attachment 313025
View attachment 313024
View attachment 313027
Good job this should help a few people. I still need titanium I have 2 plasma 1xmetal ,1 stealth but no ti :sorry:

Last edited:
Plasma/Ice serial 008708
View attachment 313021
View attachment 313022
View attachment 313025
View attachment 313024
View attachment 313027
Nice collection!!

Is it just me, or is the right lens not seated properly in the plasma/ice (last photo)?

Its definitely not the first version, could be the second but no serial "A" but the last one has a low serial of 8708 and the one I have closely matches at 9247. BTW, nice collection.

Back