• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Titanium polarised vrs vr28 polarised

Definitely contrast yes and transmission are below.

Titanium Iridium Pol - 12%
Fire iridium Polarised - 10%
Ice iridium Polarised - 9%

A somewhat dissenting voice perhaps but I would take titanium iridium over VR28 every time. VR28 takes the contrast lens concept and turns it up to 11 - for me it makes everything look over-saturated and artificial in a way even the Prizm lenses avoid. I know it's a favourite lens for a lot of people, but I use it very sparingly.

I like both. I use my Tungsten more than my titanium for driving since the slightly higher transmittance is nice in partially cloudy conditions.

If I could only have one Oakley lens for everything it would be one of these two, deciding would be a bitch though...

Well after reading just ordered some vr28,s so we'll see how these go !!
Thanks for the input
Now next dilemma which frame to put them in polished or plasma ???
Got my root beer rubbers aswell

Well after reading just ordered some vr28,s so we'll see how these go !!
Thanks for the input
Now next dilemma which frame to put them in polished or plasma ???
Got my root beer rubbers aswell
image.jpg

Can someone post a photo of titanium polarized lenses from inside?

20150904_111057.jpg

These aren't polar, but the tint is the same.

And I'm not sure that the trans of polar is 12%. That is how they're listed in o-review, but o-review also lists the non-polar Ti as 10%, and it just doesn't make sense for the non-polar to be a lower trans than the polar. I'm guessing they got them switched; non-polar is 12% and polar is 10%. But I could be wrong...

View attachment 179205
These aren't polar, but the tint is the same.

And I'm not sure that the trans of polar is 12%. That is how they're listed in o-review, but o-review also lists the non-polar Ti as 10%, and it just doesn't make sense for the non-polar to be a lower trans than the polar. I'm guessing they got them switched; non-polar is 12% and polar is 10%. But I could be wrong...
Τhank u very much for the hints and photo @kronin323

Hey People, interesting discussion going on here. I learned some stuff i was interested in knowing. On another note, earlier this year i found a document on the web. Its a 3 page PDF detailing info on 'all' Oakley lenses tints. I use quotes cuz I'm not certain its all the tints, but it is 3 pages long. Take look or let me know if someone else has posted this and its been de-bunked...

bronzefunk

Attachments

• Oakley Tint Guide.pdf
    62.5 KB · Views: 7,015

Latest Posts

Back