• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Titanium Whisker Lens Options

slusamson

Oakley Beginner
I posted this in the general discussion, but it probably belongs here...

I have a pair of Titanium Whiskers that need new lenses.

I believe these are the original color combo I have: http://o-review.com/database_detail_colorway.php?ID=4693&table_name=glasses (the box they came in was from a different model for some reason).

I've called Oakley and sent the off last week because they said they had some VR28 lenses that would fit. Got a call this week from Oakley this week and was told that they no longer have lenses that would fit (WTF!?). Needless to say I want to put these puppies back in service. I've been suffering through wearing some classic Ray Ban aviators that are super heavy and don't stay on my face when looking down.

I purchased some regular replacement lenses for this pair once before, but they were made different than the ones I had originally and never fit quite right. They pop out really easy despite my best efforts to massage them in the frames. The black iridium polarized lenses I purchased have a groove around the edge where they fit into the frame, and the original just have a straight bevel around the edge.

Anyone know what my options are with these frames? I think Oakley's 25% (30% when i complained) trade-in discount is a slap in the face when I paid almost $300 for these glasses only 3 years ago... I want to buy a few sets of lenses so I don't have to deal with this again for a good while.

Shame they've already stopped stocking lenses for these, they're great frames.

You could look into getting lenses custom cut if you can find a suitable donor lens.

eBay might bring you some luck but may take a while? You could even try and find a complete pair with

the alloy non titanium frame, use the lenses and sell the frame afterwards.

My whisker, silver with blue iridium (possibly ice) came in the wrong box from sunglass hut. Think I got a

titanium/titanium iridium box off the top of my head!

Hope you get sorted!

Back