• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

To Keep Or Not To Keep My Fast Jackets

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
I have a few fast jackets with an assortment of xlj and standard lenses. Polarized and non polarized as well as a clear to black transition.
I was predominantly planning to use these 2 times a year when I qualify at an outdoor shooting range which obviously can range from bright light to raining. The standard lens looks the best but for more protection from flying brass I figured the Xlj lens. Recently I purchased a flak jacket and think they fit my face better. I would be more inclined to wear the flak more then the fast jackets. Should I keep the fast jackets just for qualifying? Selling them along with my 10 sets of lenses could allow me to buy a few more flak jacket lenses and maybe even another pair or two. If I keep them could I get away with a persimmion lens, black iridium and clear lens combo? For shooting black spots on white paper is polarized really needed? Or should I just keep the transitions and dump the rest for extra cash?
Imho the flak jacket is even easier to switch lenses or is it just me?

Keep the flak and sell fast jackets if you aren't wearing them and they are not a display piece rather use the funds for something you'll wear (extra flak lenses etc.) or display

Fit wins over pretty much anything. There's a reason why people can still stay loyal to M-Frames instead of Radars and Radarlocks.

That being said though, unless they really don't fit or you have more than enough pairs, keeping it in general wearing rotation isn't a bad idea either. Just cash in on the extra lenses you don't need.

Latest Posts

Back