• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

To Keep Or Take Back... That Is The Question...

Take them back or keep them

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I purchased a pair of Pit Boss II yesterday. I really love the technology that went into these. I really love the color of the lenses. They provide 100% coverage, and are unbelievably comfortable. These might be the best glasses in my case.
They are a little bit big. They fit nice and tight, so that's not an issue. The issue is I have a pinhead. These glasses are made for someone with a little bigger head than I have. My wife says I look great, but her opinion is biased.I posted this in the "suit me" thread, but only received three replies.

My problem is, there isn't really anything in the Oakley lineup that fits me any better than these. The Gascans fit better, but aside of that, everything else is just as big.

I am a little self conscious that I look like a douche canoe. Part of me thinks I should keep them, and rock them with confidence. Part of me says "Noah, you look like an idiot, take the damn things back".

So should I keep them and say "to hell with perfect fitment, these are badass", or just take them back?
I would appreciate plenty of honest opinions.

image_zps862bbe22.jpg

image_zpse363d238.jpg

image_zps58bea9c3.jpg

Bro, I enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your contributions to the forum. So I say this with love, take them back. They are too big for your noggin.

Those are BEAUTIFUL glasses and I'd love a pair but like you I have a smaller face, very short hair (flat-top) and they just look to big on.

They are a bit on the large side IMO. I would take them back, but definitely look around and weigh all of the options before just settling for gascans.

They are a bit on the large side IMO. I would take them back, but definitely look around and weigh all of the options before just settling for gascans.

I am not kidding when I say, I tried on literally every pair in the O-Store. Everything Oakley has to offer. I don't want another pair of Flaks. They're kind of boring. Radars are okay, but too sporty for my liking. Fast Jacket is not really that different from the Flaks. After having a few pairs of Juliets, the other wire/metal frames are just meh.
That's why I decided to get these. The more I see myself in them, the more unsure I am. I don't really want a $600 pair of shelf queens. I only collect what I wear.

This is how I see it. If they make you happy and you'd be happier with them over the money you spent on them or potentially a different pair, keep them. If you wouldn't be comfortable wearing them or looking at them in a case, return them.

As I said in the other thread you made, they look too big on you to my eye. Here's why. The stem rests at about the halfway point on your ear, making them look pretty oversized for your head. In the front in pictures it looks like you have to hold back a full smile to keep them from being picked up by your cheeks because the orbitals are so large on you.

In no way am I trying to judge you or insult you and I assume you know the that. Your problem reminds me a lot of my own dilemma with the Penny frames. They are too small to look right on my face but I absolutely love the design, especially the copper finish. In my mind I can't justify spending what it would cost for a mint pair just to look at them on a shelf when I could spend that same money on a Juliet or XX and have a pair I could wear daily.

Now at some point my desire to own a pair will beat out my desire to wear every pair I own, but for me that time hasn't come yet.

Finally I'll say this. The PB2 is practically brand new. If you return them and the decide later you have to have them even if you aren't completely sold on how they fit and look on you you'll have plenty of chances to find one again in the colorway you want.

Back