• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

To Sell/trade Or Not To Sell Trade, That Is The Question

AusOakley

I should Work at Oakley
Sydney, Australia
I have a pair of Ernesto fonseca antix and while they are an awesome pair to look at, I don't wear them a lot. The stem design is great but I don't think it's for me. My sunglasses tend to be more subtle and with the artwork they stand out alot. Just wondering what your thoughts are. Sell/trade or don't sell/ don't trade....

The point of owing a OTT and not wearing it is to enjoy it as art. It is like a sculpture on its own. I say if you cannot enjoy the glasses are art and cannot wear it then sell/trade it.

I disagree with most, but half or more of my collection goes unworn. I have the Fonseca Antix also and rarely wear them. I have the complete artist series and never wear any of them. I have a Tron Pit Boss, 2 Tron Gascans, 2 Transformers Gascans and they never get worn, with an exception of a rare occasion I'll pull out the Tron PB. Anyhow, I don't have to wear them to enjoy them. I collect for that purpose...to collect. I am a partial wearer and partial displayer. I like having those on display. I love the way the Fonseca Antix looks on display as I do the WITK Hijinx.

I have two fonseca's, one to wear, one to display, just double up on stuff you don't want to wear haha so you DO have a wear pair. :)
I saw keep them. You don't always have to wear every single piece you buy but this is up to personal preference so i don't want to sound like a jerk lol.
They go to a great cause, you could buy a cheap display cube somewhere and display them on your desk or something. Which is something I'm dying to do myself haha.

But really it's your decision, if you find something or someone willing to buy/trade these, than if you are completely ok with getting rid of them than do it :D
There have been a couple of these that sold on here, so people do want these. You could get a nice wear pair for these.

The point of owing a OTT and not wearing it is to enjoy it as art. It is like a sculpture on its own. I say if you cannot enjoy the glasses are art and cannot wear it then sell/trade it.
Don't get me wrong i love the OTT but if i owned a pair (& one day I might me lucky enough to fall on them at the right price) then I would wear them without question. I agree they, like alot of the Oakley frames, are a work of art & should be enjoyed. My enjoyment is from wearing them more than looking at them. As with the Tron PB & Gascans if I owned a pair of each i'd struggle to keep them off my face, they are just about perfect. Still this is why we have such a collection of people on this forum. At the end of the day we all collect & enjoy Oakley & therefore each to their own I suppose.

I have a pair of Ernesto fonseca antix and while they are an awesome pair to look at, I don't wear them a lot. The stem design is great but I don't think it's for me. My sunglasses tend to be more subtle and with the artwork they stand out alot. Just wondering what your thoughts are. Sell/trade or don't sell/ don't trade....

Just out of curiosity what would you be looking to trade these against?

I have the Fonsecas too and they are a great piece. While shield lenses look funny on me, the Antix isn't too bad, but i still haven't worn them. When i first joined this forum, i felt the same way as most of the guys on here: Why buy when you don't wear? Now that my collection has doubled in size, i find there are a lot of pieces i own that i'd rather look at on display than actually wear. My goal is to wear everything at least once during the year and that will be enough for me.

I think it all depends on what direction you want your collection to go. If you ask me, i say keep them. They are an awesome pair. If you really want to stick to the "Why keep if i don't wear them" rule, then get something you will wear.

@oakley sight I'd be looking at trading for a more subtle antix eg. Black frame black iridium lense in new condition.

Don't get me wrong anyone, I respect anyone who can buy a piece just for displaying it but I want to wear my collection.

If wanting to trade I did not mention in the original post that I still have the box and micro bag.

If I sell, what would be a good price?

Back