• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

To Soft Vault Or Not?

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
I have found most oakley cases don't work for the Juliet's however my fast jacket soft vault works. Its a little due to bottom has a frame and the rabbit ears are super close to the zipper edge. But they go in with no problems. Secondly you have 4 slots to put 2 extra lens sets if you are the kind that likes to change on the fly. My question: Do you think being tight when pushing lenses in it a. Cause more where on the frames. B. Do you think the tightness of the lens slot will rub off lens and or frame coatings?

I would only use the X metal soft vault, because it allows you to put the glasses in their microfiber for added protection. I swear to God, that damn racing jacket vault scratched my RJ's by pushing the accessory lenses into the ones in the frame when I closed it. And I never scratch lenses! $&@"?!!!!!! :eek:

+1's on the above. I don't think you would be changing Juliet lenses on the fly. Only problem is it might be hard to find an X Metal vault.

Soft vault here as well. Oakley still makes them so you can get them from the online store.

I'm looking to get a X Metal soft vault myself. Right now I have a Infinite Hero Ballistic case, Juliets fit in it but snug (it does not exert any pressure on the frames though).

Soft vault here as well. Oakley still makes them so you can get them from the online store.

Oakley is actually out of the X-Metal soft vaults. I have seen 2 different ship dates in the last month. Its currently showing ship date of 8/09/13
I don't know if they are still getting them in.