• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Today's Vault Visit

spin_nin

I should Work at Oakley
Chicago, IL.
I had a chance to pay another visit to the vault that I popped into last Saturday, after the BikeMS, and the only things I was planning to get were a cleaning kit & a hydrophobic applicator, a few large microfiber bags, and, maybe, an Infinite Hero soft vault.

The staff was very helpful and friendly and they informed me of the friends & family promotion as soon as I rolled in.

It seemed to be ridiculously busy for a Wednesday afternoon and I had everything I wanted to get, but there was a long line of people waiting to check out. So, what do I do? I started to browse. D'oh! LOL!

Since Saturday, they had got some new items in and I was trying on a bunch of stuff while trying to kill time. One of the mirrors was lighted perfectly to mimic the "light leakage" issue that I mentioned in the thread about the new, Special Edition Ferrari Canteen. I experience this "issue" in some of the other Oakley frames as well and I was able to use this, specific, mirror to see which frames had the issue on me & which ones didn't. To my surprise, the new Crankshaft didn't have the issue. They were also new arrivals at the Vault and, they were really inexpensive when compared to the retail price.

I also used the time to look at some of the discounted t-shirts and I actually found a few that I liked.

I was rapidly amassing a pile of stuff in my lap.

One of the associates I talked to let me know that the Crankshafts were "sale" items so, they didn't come with boxes; just the microfiber bags. They told me that they weren't eligible for the f & f discount because they were already marked down.

I asked if they had any display pieces that they wanted to get rid of and they told me that "technically" they can't do that. I told them that I understood and that I just figured I'd ask. Then they asked me if I was a collector and I said "yes." They smiled and nodded but that was it.

I said I was ready to check out and a different associate was behind the register. I handed them the 2 shirts I had snapped up, a lens cleaning kit, a hydrophobic applicator kit, some boxer briefs, and the two pairs of Crankshafts.

This other associate informed me, again, that the sale items weren't eligible for the f & f discount. I nodded and waited for my merchandise to be rung up.

Then, they had trouble ringing me up because the prices on the glasses I brought up were mismarked, having the wrong (lower) prices on the security tags. The person I talked to earlier about the display pieces told the one having issues that they would finish ringing me up. They apologized for the mistake and applied the f & f discount to the correct price and they ended up selling me the glasses for less than the price that was initially on the security tag.

I said that was very nice of them and thanked them for taking such good care of me. They said it was no problem.

After I left, I discovered that they snuck a few items into my bag; a brand new sunglasses stand and an Oakley clothes hanger.

In my humble opinion, it never hurts to smile, be polite, and to ask questions. The worst that can happen is that they say "no."

This kind of thing doesn't happen often, and I'm really grateful for their their help and for sneaking me the goodies. :)

Crankshaft: Black Ink / Jade & Shadow Camo / Fire:
P1100172.jpg
P1100176.jpg

t-shirts & boxer briefs:
P1100171R.jpg

Cleaning Kit & hydrophobic applicator:
P1100199R.jpg

Oakley Hanger (did I just take a picture of a hanger and post it to a forum???)
P1100169.JPG

Last edited:
i have been meaning to go back there some time soon. i haven't been to the Aurora outlet mall vault in about a year or so. i might go Friday on my day off.

i got that same Jade/Ink black crankshaft last month and i wear them quite a bit because the green just looks sweet. they seem to be a little more flexable than most of my gascan o matter frames. but they are lighter so that's a plus. the crankshaft fits me better in the temple areas than my gascan pairs do.

nice purchases.

Back