• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Too many squares........?

Mits0108

Oakley Expert
Why is (nearly) everything (shadewise) that Oakley releases today so square?....... I mean I feel that there are enough square shaped shades out there..... was there research to show that the buying public likes square shaped shades vs other shapes?

The 'flagship' or standard bearer(imho) of Oakley design has been the Juliet..... (an oval shaped frame) it was on the shelves for well over a decade....... In an industry where most shades don't last past a few seasons... Over a decade of production of the Juliets was an achievement on its own..... so it would stand to reason that there would be more oval/roundish shaped pairs produced by Oakley today....... its just not the Juliet I'm talking about.... many wire frames were oval shaped as well.....back in the day

Does anyone have an answer as to why there aren't many oval shaped frame designs produced today.....?

It would be interesting to know the reason behind this......

Anyone know whether oval shaped frames will ever make a come back in the future?......

The Juliet retained popularity as the price point wasn't achievable for casual or trendy audiences. And some would argue the X-Squared sold better in the final years of X-Metal production, the Juliet only clinging on and staying relevant with the long history behind it and years of people striving to justify or afford the pair.

Square sells. Oakley's top moving pair a year or two back was the Holbrook. Look at all of the other competing brands, the full oval orbital of the 90's is dead and gone.

I prefer squarish ovals... Like Juliets :cool-33: Too many huge frames imho if we start bitching about current trends in sunglasses :D

The Juliet retained popularity as the price point wasn't achievable for casual or trendy audiences. And some would argue the X-Squared sold better in the final years of X-Metal production, the Juliet only clinging on and staying relevant with the long history behind it and years of people striving to justify or afford the pair.

Square sells. Oakley's top moving pair a year or two back was the Holbrook. Look at all of the other competing brands, the full oval orbital of the 90's is dead and gone.
Hmmmm......... Interesting.........:cool-20:

You've got the new Latch, the Enduro, Tailend,Tailpin, Madman, Conductor 6, Carbon Blade, Crosshair, Frogskin, Taper...those are just the ones off the top of my head. You're just not looking well enough.
Thank you for your reply....... its not a matter of looking hard enough...... it was just a topic I had on my mind for a while......

I noticed that the squares were much more than the ovals.... thats all..... just wanted to know the reasoning behind so many squares.......

Just a few questions I put out on the forum.......

I do apologise if I have offended you.......

Thank you for your reply....... its not a matter of looking hard enough...... it was just a topic I had on my mind for a while......

I noticed that the squares were much more than the ovals.... thats all..... just wanted to know the reasoning behind so many squares.......

Just a few questions I put out on the forum.......

I do apologise if I have offended you.......

Why would I be offended over something so trivial?? I'm just an enthusiast, not some Oakley dickrider

uploadfromtaptalk1444226911636.jpg

Back