• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tool For Nose Bridge Tune Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here,,used his services twice. ( one for a bridge tightening and then a refinish and tightening.Also will be sending in another pair of Juliets for a tightening soon too).Highly recomended

Another +1, heck... make that a +4 for THE X-MAN - I've had 4 pairs done by him, all with some refinishing or painting (which naturally required reassembly - the most 'complete' tune-up ;)) - Very excellent work all around, especially the paint jobs :D

That said if you ever get the time, tools, and patience to tune a pair or two of your own it is kind of cool. Disassemble them, appreciate the parts in relation to their sum as a whole. It gave me a new appreciation for and understanding of the things I was walking around with on my face all day almost every day - daily! :neo:

A couple of folks already touched on not only having the right tools (there is no single tool, there are at least a few in addition to the various homebrew setups :drinks:) - but you need quality parts too. If you don't have both and a steady hand then don't bother.

Actually, there's a pair of Juliet's on ebay at the moment " for parts or repair ".
IT looks like they tried to take the pins out and scratched the bridge pretty bad.
Trying that, they may have even actually broke them

This?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oakley-X-Me...06644699?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item27ee97b6db

If so then - Yes, that is a broken right orbital. It looks like somebody failed to remove the pin using a hammer and a screwdriver (not the proper tools, BTW). The nose and left orbital appear to be salvageable. Parts aside, something like this is not a bad piece to practice on since you could test your skills on the side that is not yet broken... Still, it is kind of sad to see this :(

I just noticed that listing has "14 days money back, buyer pays return shipping" - I'm not sure how you're going to break it much worse than that, but...???

Again, a great example of and reminder to how this can go wrong!

There are a few threads where people attempt to explain the process, either manufacturing the tool by their own means, or by doing something quite different. Either way, the threads explain this. Do a search and read up on them. Members who have gotten it down to a science have done so over designing and manufacturing based on trial and error. Just like cutting lenses, not everyone can do it, or want to spend the time trying especially when lenses are not cheap.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back