• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Top 5 Favorite Lenses

I would go with the following :

1. Gold iridium
2. OO Blue iridium
3. 24K Gold iridium
4. VR28 Black polarized
5. Emerald

I, too, have heard that early +red had more purple, then got more red, then got more purple again. I don't have an exact date from mine but they're older and really red. Here's a repost of the most recent time I posted them, on the WOAYWT thread...

20141025_160846.jpg

Otherwise, my top 5 today:

VR28BIP
BIP
Ice Iridium Polar
Fire Iridium Polar (the older ones that look more like what Fruby looks like today)
oo Red Ir Polar

But I have some Emerald Polar, Chrome Polar, and Ruby Polar on the way so that list might change soon. And I've admired Deep Blue Polar at the o-store but my plans for a pair with those lenses are still some time from now.

Last edited:
Fire Iridium
Blue Iridium
OO Red Iridium Polarized- love the contrast
Black Iridium Polarized - as dark as possible
G30

Otherwise, my top 5 today:

VR28BIP
BIP
Ice Iridium Polar
Fire Iridium Polar (the older ones that look more like what Fruby looks like today)
oo Red Ir Polar

But I have some Emerald Polar, Chrome Polar, and Ruby Polar on the way so that list might change soon. And I've admired Deep Blue Polar at the o-store but my plans for a pair with those lenses are still some time from now.
I have yet to carve the violet, ruby and chrome polars myself.

With flatter lenses Red appears more violet.blue and doesn't change to red. With curved lenses (radarlock) you still get the red looks. I don't think there was any change to howk +red looks, it's just that it looks different in different frames.

Like someone said, it's a bit of a batch thing. To this day, one can still have a chance at a nice +Red.
I almost forgot to mention this prominent example:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/extreme-carbon-blade-lens-variances.34798/

Back