• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Top 5 Favorite Lenses

Daily Prizm Polarized
Road Prizm
OO + red polar
Ice polar
Ruby polar

Least favorite? Fire Iridium. It's absolutely hideous.
Fire seems to get a lot of love here, but I'm with you (though maybe not expressed quite as vehemently!). Not at all keen on it to look through.

In no particular order:

Fire Iridium Polarized
Ice Iridium Polarized
Black Iridium Polarized
Ruby
(a toss up between) Emerald Iridium / Emerald Slate / Ti Clear

Fire seems to get a lot of love here, but I'm with you (though maybe not expressed quite as vehemently!). Not at all keen on it to look through.

True but its great to look AT. Depends on ones priorities. This thread should really say favorite to look through and favorite to look at....and which is your priority. For me my look through list would only have one shared lens with my look at list (24k) but my priority is what a lens looks like looking AT it so my favs for looking through I don't own.

You mean color
Blue iridium im a nut for this
G26 absolutely fantastic color
Emerald slate i really need another back up for this
25k always love em
Violets a real head turner

Least fave
Fire same as ruby/fruby nowadays
Sapphire love em but cant be cut to xmetals for now
Jades
Pink ive got one for cutting soon
Ice boring but my 10th pick

So here comes a revised list based on some multiple criteria:

In pretty much the order I prefer them- top 5 favs to LOOK THROUGH:

OO BIP
VR28 BIP
Titanium Iridium Polarized
BIP

And the previously aforementioned list, which is the list based on looking AT...In no particular order

Ice
Fire (only in Polarized)
Violet
Emerald
Ruby- I'm including this as a 6th because the caveat is it has to be a deeper red pair or a custom cut that trims the more yellow/orange edges.

As many of those in polarized as possible (and I own at least ONE of each of those in polarized variant except Emerald and Ruby-doesn't exist)

Priority (to the extent I don't own anything in the look through list but 24K) goes to how they look externally.

Looking At or through, it's terrible(IMO).

The color of the tint changes too much throughout the lens for my taste, and it just looks bad.

The only ones that look worse are the counterfeit ones that look like a rainbow.

Back