• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Top Dollar Flask

Doesn't ebay have a policy against selling alcohol and tobacco, meaning he couldn't have included the booze even if he wanted to?

I searched red wine and there was close to 35,000 hits they werent all wine but it look like a majority was. If there is such rule it not strictly followed

I looked it up - wine's an exception:

Policy overview
We generally don't allow the sale of alcoholic beverages on the US eBay website (eBay.com), except for pre-approved sales of wine. At our discretion, we may permit sales of other types of alcohol by pre-approved sellers in designated categories. You can find more information about selling wine on eBay below. We don't allow the sale of collectible containers that contain alcohol. Members outside the US aren't allowed to sell alcohol to members residing in the US.

What are the guidelines?
Alcohol and alcohol kits

iconAllowed_25x25.gif
Allowed
  • Beer/wine making kits
  • Foods with alcoholic ingredients and flavoring (such as liquor-filled chocolates, rum cake, and other items) as long as the item complies with our food policy
  • Hops, seeds for hops, and other raw materials to make beer or wine
iconRestricted_25x25.gif
Restricted
  • Empty alcohol bottles and containers (images in the listing must show item is empty)
  • Non-alcoholic wines may be listed in the Wine category (by pre-approved sellers)
  • Wines listed in accordance with our policy
iconNotAllowed_25x25.gif
Not allowed
  • Alcohol products other than from pre-approved sellers
  • Liquor licenses
  • Non-alcoholic or de-alcoholized beer
  • Other alcohols listed in the Wine category
  • Wine listed outside of the approved Wine category
Pre-approved wine sellers can still list wine in the appropriate category. At our discretion, we may permit sales of other types of alcohol by pre-approved sellers in designated categories.

iconAllowed_25x25.gif
Allowed
Alcohol-related memorabilia, including empty wine, liquor, and beer containers.

iconNotAllowed_25x25.gif
Not allowed
  • Collectible alcohol containers if they still contain any alcoholic content.
  • Open containers of alcohol.

I looked it up - wine's an exception:

Policy overview
We generally don't allow the sale of alcoholic beverages on the US eBay website (eBay.com), except for pre-approved sales of wine. At our discretion, we may permit sales of other types of alcohol by pre-approved sellers in designated categories. You can find more information about selling wine on eBay below. We don't allow the sale of collectible containers that contain alcohol. Members outside the US aren't allowed to sell alcohol to members residing in the US.

What are the guidelines?
Alcohol and alcohol kits

iconAllowed_25x25.gif
Allowed
  • Beer/wine making kits
  • Foods with alcoholic ingredients and flavoring (such as liquor-filled chocolates, rum cake, and other items) as long as the item complies with our food policy
  • Hops, seeds for hops, and other raw materials to make beer or wine
iconRestricted_25x25.gif
Restricted
  • Empty alcohol bottles and containers (images in the listing must show item is empty)
  • Non-alcoholic wines may be listed in the Wine category (by pre-approved sellers)
  • Wines listed in accordance with our policy
iconNotAllowed_25x25.gif
Not allowed
  • Alcohol products other than from pre-approved sellers
  • Liquor licenses
  • Non-alcoholic or de-alcoholized beer
  • Other alcohols listed in the Wine category
  • Wine listed outside of the approved Wine category
Pre-approved wine sellers can still list wine in the appropriate category. At our discretion, we may permit sales of other types of alcohol by pre-approved sellers in designated categories.

iconAllowed_25x25.gif
Allowed
Alcohol-related memorabilia, including empty wine, liquor, and beer containers.

iconNotAllowed_25x25.gif
Not allowed
  • Collectible alcohol containers if they still contain any alcoholic content.
  • Open containers of alcohol.
Got it. So I'll sell my booze here on the forum. My asking price is 17 THOUSAND DOLLARS! :lolsign:

Latest Posts

Back