• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Top Ten Rarest Oakley Sunglasses?

Mash Radars and Mash Frogskins. Only 90 produced of each....

screenshot_89.png

From some of the first custom copper the originals are a far better finish all I can say is they just look right, and unfortunately they are not mine yet they belong to a friend of mine who acquired them direct from oakley about 15 years ago

From some of the first custom copper the originals are a far better finish all I can say is they just look right, and unfortunately they are not mine yet they belong to a friend of mine who acquired them direct from oakley about 15 years ago
is it a non-serial pair? it would be interesting to see the x-metal font of the etched lens to distinguish when they may have been done (or maybe that is known)...
i trust the provenance on these and would trade a pair of jordans if i had the chance....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
the copper is definitely a cool piece, but w/o serial number its hard to determine a custom from an orig finish just my opinion.
I mean some members here perfected the gold/copper platings.

the copper is definitely a cool piece, but w/o serial number its hard to determine a custom from an orig finish just my opinion.
I mean some members here perfected the gold/copper platings.

Yeah, I agree. That will be the problem for future collectors of factory customs. The coatings do not use a proprietary technique so people are able to unlock that mystery and make their own with perfect accuracy. How much a collector is willing to shell out for a custom will be difficult to decide upon knowing that it will be more and more difficult to sell later on due to more replicas.

Back