• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Torn About Gifting Juliets To My Son For Graduation...

Should a pair the Juliets be given as a graduation gift.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Give them to him because you want him to have them, not because you want him to take care of them. You're not going to buy new ones if he breaks them.

This. Give a gift because you want that person to enjoy them, not because you're afraid if they'll keep good care of them or not.

I remember him wearing those OTT's so he obviously appreciates and enjoys the "look" of Oakley' s crazier pairs. Maybe give these to him but then say if he thinks he won't like them then he can pick a pair of his choice from the local Oakley store. Everyone wins in that scenario.

Happiness>Money and Value

You can earned money but you cant buy happiness. Happiness from you knowing you make a smile on his face even if its a 350usd sunglasses. Happiness from him knowing he has better Oakleys than the rest. Learning comes after realization which happens later in life when he can appreaciate the monetary value. Learning from yourself if you have made the right decision.

I say give him the best of this world! lol

I say give them to him, because he's your son, and when it really comes down to it, i know 17 year olds that are more responsible than 30 year olds.

Thanks again everyone I am enjoying reading all these responses. I will tell you something though, I put all X-Metals on a pedestal. You can still temporarily walk into some O stores and buy them but it won't be long before this isn't possible anymore. I am going to be in southern Wisconsin Sunday and Monday and I called the O store in Gurnee, IL to see what they had available in X-Metal and they have nothing left. Mall of America said the same thing. Those are the two closets O stores to me both being about 3 hours away. Thanks again.

Oh yeah Cody was wearing the OTT's. He's a Junior this year so he's still around.

get him a pair of the knockoffs.....and then check back in a month and see how he treats them.

16 to 3 looks like I lost a pair of Juliets!!! lol. I'm ok with it either way. I will do what I have to and replace the ones that are leaving.

Thanks again everyone I am enjoying reading all these responses. I will tell you something though, I put all X-Metals on a pedestal. You can still temporarily walk into some O stores and buy them but it won't be long before this isn't possible anymore. I am going to be in southern Wisconsin Sunday and Monday and I called the O store in Gurnee, IL to see what they had available in X-Metal and they have nothing left. Mall of America said the same thing. Those are the two closets O stores to me both being about 3 hours away. Thanks again.

from the sounds of it i know where is this going...poor child! lol

on the contrary, omatter frame still the best in the business, as long as there is an O in it, i couldnt agree with you more!

Late to the party, but i say yes. Since you mentioned that your kids love your collection, i am pretty sure he will be happy as hell. And i personally think my kids' happiness is worth a lot more than any oakley (and i have romeos, juliet ichiros, marsES, xx metals and more juliets). But in the end, it would also be great if he can pick what he actually wants. But since we all know what your collection means to you, we also then know how very hard it is to part with them. In any case, it seems you are a great dad. Cheers mate, and congrats on your son's graduation...

Back