• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Torn berween two watches, clock is ticking an need to make up my mind soon!!

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
I am torn between a Gearbox with a titanium bracelet and a half carbon/black face.....that, or a Minute Machine of some sort. I like the ones with blue dials...but they seem to ask for a lot more than the black faced or silver faced versions. These are about the same price (color dials are a bit more). So if you had to pick between the Gearbox I mentioned above with the titanium bracelet, or a MM of some sort....what way would you go with??

I'm curious as to what you guys might think... (titanium band would fit great with my X-Metal glass frames)

Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 10.08.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 10.09.29 PM.png

I'll email you my suggestion to your spam folder, get back to me in a couple weeks.

Both are cool watches. But if I would have to pick between the two, I would choose the Minute Machine just because it screams Oakley. Good luck with your choice.

Minute machine is also a titanium bracelet. I have owned both, and got rid of the ti gearbox because the bracelet felt cheap to me. MM is a 13 jewel Rhonda movement as well, superior to the gearbox.

It's a tough call...for cosmetics alone. I have other watches with automatic movement that are far superior to both. I just thought the Gearbox looked very different compared to most other watches out there, but as for it's movement and function...the MM is a better made watch for sure. I'll keep my eye open for a blue dial titanium link MM...those look sweet. But noticed that the blue dials are worth about $6-700 more than the black or silver dials. Hmmm...again, if I purchased one....it would be for cosmetic purposes. I collect high end watches like GP, Chopard, Rolex, etc. Just looking for something different, and since Oakley is going to stop making them...figured I'd grab one.

Minute Machine all the way for me.....

Don't try to compare Oakley watches with brands such as Rolex or else you'll end up disappointed!

Minute Machine all the way for me.....

Don't try to compare Oakley watches with brands such as Rolex or else you'll end up disappointed!

No....not comparing them at all. That's why I said just for cosmetics. Looking for a much less expensive time piece for every day use. Currently use a Citizen, but would like an Oakley because I'm such a fan of their eyewear and since they are going out of production. Whatever I get, I'm definitely getting the brushed titanium bracelet. I like the look...

Back