• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Total number of styles and Oakley discrete models ever produced?

I think O-review has the most updated list of models and versions
Actually, instead of going through every single model and adding it up myself, I was kinda hoping one of the OakleyForum geeks had it in their grey matter!!

It's just that I had a bet with my brother in law that he had collected a higher percentage of Lego sets than I had Oakleys!!

...if you just click on the database you're going to find:

915 records total

Records as in models/styles with versions separately listed (as in Path vs Pitch cuts, spring hinge versions, etc).

...if you just click on the database you're going to find:

Records as in models/styles with versions separately listed (as in Path vs Pitch cuts, spring hinge versions, etc).

I'm not going to go through each of the 915 models, but assuming there's about 15-20 variations on average, I guess I'm looking at about 19,000 discrete combos excluding custom jobs.

There are allegedly 13,700 Lego sets since excluding those made from 1949-1966.

I win...So I just made $20!!!! :). Correction - Actually, it's only USD$4.81, because it it was in Malaysian Ringgit!

I'm not going to go through each of the 915 models, but assuming there's about 15-20 variations on average, I guess I'm looking at about 19,000 discrete combos excluding custom jobs.

There are allegedly 13,700 Lego sets since excluding those made from 1949-1966.

I win...So I just made $20!!!! :). Correction - Actually, it's only USD$4.81, because it it was in Malaysian Ringgit!
I'd go with 27k. :p

The O Review lists 915 separate models with over 8600 separate colorways. There are probably more that are so obsure that we haven't encountered yet. Then there are one offs made for various reasons which wouldn't surprise me if it was more different colorways than that has been offered for sale.

Back