• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tour de France - 2016 (No Spoilers Please)

jrd5497

Oakley Expert
TN
1 Rule - Please do not post about the current stage, until the next day. That way those of us who cannot watch it live, won't have to worry about seeing results on this thread before we can watch the replay at night.

Lets get some predictions before the race starts. For the overall GC I'm going with:

1. Quintana
2. Froome
3. Contador

I think Tejay V. and Thibaut Pinot will round out the top 5.

Well......I am not a big fan of time trials.....so day 1 was a bit boring to me. I do like the Tinkoff Saxo kit of bright green with the white/grey camo. I was really pulling for Cancellara for the TT.

Well......I am not a big fan of time trials.....so day 1 was a bit boring to me. I do like the Tinkoff Saxo kit of bright green with the white/grey camo. I was really pulling for Cancellara for the TT.
I do like the Tinkoff Saxo kit as well. I was happy to see Cancellara pull on the Yellow Jersey yesterday. I think I saw he reached a faster max speed than anyone else in that sprint (I want to say it was 69 K/pH). He really wanted that time bonus to pull on the jersey.

Astana still has the best doping program, but with the first week jitters and less than stellar day one by some riders it's a toss up.

On a side note, the TT had a gambit of Oakley styles represented, radars, radarlock XL's, radar EV's and jawbreakers.

That was one heck of a move by Tony Martin yesterday. He should be able to keep the Yellow Jersey for a few days now. I think Froome was happy to let go of it, so they wouldn't have to do the defending and pace making so early on.

Back