• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tr22 lenses for everday wear.

Ploeg

Oakley Beginner
So i just recieved my shocktube tr22 prizm glasses from oakleysi today. Now this is less about the shocktube platform and more of the tr22 lenses. Initially on my purchase i knew they were a target lense, i shoot often so that was a sale but no one spoke of the everyday use (that i found). My initial impression of these lenses are a astounding plus. The tint isnt as red as i expected. Slight more then my vr28 lenses, but not distracting. In fact i put them to the test on some 300 yard targets and found it easier to see through my optic with the lenses then without. Honestly i was worried i would hate these for everyday use maybe in the coming days my opinion will change. Anyone else have thoughts on these lenses?

So i just recieved my shocktube tr22 prizm glasses from oakleysi today. Now this is less about the shocktube platform and more of the tr22 lenses. Initially on my purchase i knew they were a target lense, i shoot often so that was a sale but no one spoke of the everyday use (that i found). My initial impression of these lenses are a astounding plus. The tint isnt as red as i expected. Slight more then my vr28 lenses, but not distracting. In fact i put them to the test on some 300 yard targets and found it easier to see through my optic with the lenses then without. Honestly i was worried i would hate these for everyday use maybe in the coming days my opinion will change. Anyone else have thoughts on these lenses?
I had the same questions. I look forward to reading the responses. I find that my uses for those lenses would be similar to yours.

I had the same questions. I look forward to reading the responses. I find that my uses for those lenses would be similar to yours.

I like i said before an impressed. It was fairly sunny and felt my drive and sitting out in the field i was in they did the job and is true what they claim for contrast. Shadows were outlined more, the soybean and corn fields had more texture. Roadlines and potholes etc. Seemed to pop compared to no glasses, its no polarized black iridium. In the sense of pulling glare off of car windows. But thats expected. Also if you like to have your eyes hidden these will not do that.

I like i said before an impressed. It was fairly sunny and felt my drive and sitting out in the field i was in they did the job and is true what they claim for contrast. Shadows were outlined more, the soybean and corn fields had more texture. Roadlines and potholes etc. Seemed to pop compared to no glasses, its no polarized black iridium. In the sense of pulling glare off of car windows. But thats expected. Also if you like to have your eyes hidden these will not do that.
I've been using lenses more for functionality than style. I have contrast or Prizm lenses in all or most of my frames. How do they compare to bronze or tungsten?

I have the Prizim Ballistic Det Cord TR22.

Other than shooting, the TR22 does great things when there is a lot of sun light but doesn't perform too well in over-cast and less light. Shapes, shadows, and colors are drawn out particularly cars and car lights. They are great for driving as well in bright day light. I use them on patrol and they are great, particularly when looking into vehicles during a traffic stop. They will not win the style award so to speak, mine are specifically for a purpose rather than a look. I like how the greens in the grass and the colors of dirt, trees, and the environment stand out very clear.

Its also a pretty good pair to have along if you are into photography too.

I have the Prizim Ballistic Det Cord TR22.

Other than shooting, the TR22 does great things when there is a lot of sun light but doesn't perform too well in over-cast and less light. Shapes, shadows, and colors are drawn out particularly cars and car lights. They are great for driving as well in bright day light. I use them on patrol and they are great, particularly when looking into vehicles during a traffic stop. They will not win the style award so to speak, mine are specifically for a purpose rather than a look. I like how the greens in the grass and the colors of dirt, trees, and the environment stand out very clear.

Its also a pretty good pair to have along if you are into photography too.
Sometimes functionality is more important than style. I was possibly going to cut these lenses to fit other frames but, have yet to handle a pair. So I'm not sure of size or base curve.

Back