• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold (+TRADE-up) Complete XM R1

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Update: For the next 48 hours, I will be donating 20% of my net sales after PP fees and shipping to charities supporting Hurricane Harvey.

The 20% will be split evenly, with 10% going to each of the following:
- The San Antonio Humane Society (SAHS) (Ways to Donate )
- Save the Children Official USA Site - Save the Children

Why am I doing this?

1. Because I want to help and have struggled determining ‘how’.
2. I am incredibly fortunate and blessed to be here typing this note while others are struggling - its only fair to share.
3. Because I am a Collector letting go of items, some precious, that I do not wish to discount based on my valuation of those items. If I let them go for what I feel they are worth then I feel better as a Collector, more so than having heavily discounted them, which I do not need to do - there is no fire sale here. The huge upside having the 20% of net/profit go to charity makes me feel better as a human.

These reasons remind me of why I continue to participate in this forum.

Starting now… Anything I currently have listed, will list, or have been actively discussing for the last 24 hours (and there are a few). In other words, ANYTHING I have sold in the past day or ANYTHING I sell for the next two will count.

While many who know me, and have dealt with me know I do what I say. However, for those who do not I’ll be keeping a tally and posting validations from the donations that are made, with honorable mention/thanks to OakleyForum.com where appropriate.

Happy Saturday and God Bless Us All.

//

Greetings,

Letting go of another grail... Listing this as a COMPLETE, near MINT R1 (its been opened, obviously)... The lenses were pulled and stored so they have not been used, no cracks, no scratches - All the rubbers are like new, with the extras included in the box, which was opened with precision - even the coin holder in the matching box is in good shape.

I can't say the pair is perfect, as none are - I can note one spot under the right orbital that is a little shinny at the right angle, but otherwise the frame finish is as good as any new I have seen. Go ahead and see if you can find it in the pics. ;) Its really a stunning piece! :cool-20:

The Violet lenses shown are NOT included - the pair will come with the OEM X-Metal-etched BI's ONLY, unless we work a deal otherwise, which could be arranged.

So here's what I am looking for:
a. $1100 CONUS shipped and insured (looking to net $1000 after fees, shipping and insurance - will do $1000 cash in hand for anyone willing to meet in the MD/DC/PA area)
or
b. An R1 frame plus cash in trade, so I have a frame to put those Violets in... I will consider anything, any finish, as long as the frame is in decent shape. The cash balance would obviously depend on the frame being taken in trade.

I really would prefer 'B' - I'd like to see this piece go to a collector who is looking to upgrade.

Thanks for looking!

//mjl

Here's the good stuff:

IMG_20170822_171245.jpg
IMG_20170822_171156.jpg
IMG_20170822_171110.jpg
IMG_20170822_171031.jpg
IMG_20170822_171015.jpg
IMG_20170822_170951.jpg
IMG_20170822_170538.jpg

next post for the rest of the pics...

IMG_20170822_170514.jpg

IMG_20170822_171413.jpg

IMG_20170822_171400.jpg

IMG_20170822_171342.jpg

IMG_20170822_171333.jpg

IMG_20170822_171322.jpg

IMG_20170822_171310.jpg

IMG_20170822_171301.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
These are beautiful!

Yes yes they are...

Glws

@Wesleypipesyo you can see these in person... MJLsr is a local too... kinda

:bump: Still available, could be a grail for someone and a nice donation as well!!!

Username Hidden said:
@Wesleypipesyo you can see these in person... MJLsr is a local too... kinda
Not sure how I missed this. But it looks good. Wish I was in the market.

You sir are a rare breed. Well done. I hope they are bought.

He is a great guy to deal with. He is very hard judge on his stuff so believe when he says somthing is like new it is .. I just got A dog from Apl. 8 weeks old. Great Pyrenees will weight 90-110 her named is Kakashi
IMG_6513.JPG
IMG_6514.JPG

He has several things I'd like but not selling um...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back