• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trademark Infringement!

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
Over the years I've always used the old-fashioned tan all-leather work gloves, would wear out a pair every year or two.

At the beginning of last summer, I decided to try out a pair of those fancy modern-style work gloves. They've worked out pretty well.

This year, since joining the forum, I'm seeing things with different eyes. I noticed the rubber protectors over the back of the fingers looked very familiar, was wondering if Oakley was suffering a little trademark infringement - lol...
20140623_183009.jpg

But I guess I wasn't the only one who noticed - I was at THD today and saw they've now changed the design:
20140623_121859.jpg

You can't see in the pics but the outside thumb / hand area is kinda towel-like for mopping sweat; I've got some bike gloves like that, very useful...

Probably did get a letter from Oakley. The suppliers of the "FG" gloves in the picture probably could have made a half-hearted argument that their use of the oval design was functional (i.e., best way to protect the back of the fingers with a vent in the center for cooling), and thus, not subject to infringement. However, that's a longshot for a famous mark like Oakley, and thus, probably why they changed.

Probably did get a letter from Oakley. The suppliers of the "FG" gloves in the picture probably could have made a half-hearted argument that their use of the oval design was functional (i.e., best way to protect the back of the fingers with a vent in the center for cooling), and thus, not subject to infringement. However, that's a longshot for a famous mark like Oakley, and thus, probably why they changed.

Yes.

I'm guessing from your handle that you're an a&m graduate practicing law? No brownie points here - hook 'em!!! :newrussian::grin:

Back