• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading advice?

Jase_nz

I should Work at Oakley
Australia
Hi guys. I think I've decided I'm going to try and trade 2 pairs of juliets and cash for something larger for my face like Romeo or XX.
My questions are:
Apart from premium membership what is the best way to ensure a reputatable deal is concluded? I don't want to be ripped off but as I am new I understand I need to build trust.
Secondly what in your opinion can I realistically trade for with or without money for:
P095660A frames tuned up and colourway restored from x metal workshop in Sydney. No lenses .
IP0100783 condition unknown as I don't have just yet but look to be in good condition.

Any info be much appreciated guys.

Jase

Pics?
Trading advice: Come to agreement and have each party PP the other funds to cover the value of trade......few dollars in fees is worth piece of mind.

Pics?
Trading advice: Come to agreement and have each party PP the other funds to cover the value of trade......few dollars in fees is worth piece of mind.
For some reason my phone won't let me upload but the pics are in my other thread "oakley juliet worth repairing " the others in am waiting on in the post. Will post pics of both when I get them back

I can't speak for everyone on here but in my experience all the peeps I have delt with here (OF), are very reputable and honest. To date, I have never worried about a bad deal or had anything really go bad, and if it did, (slight issue) it was remedied, with out much issue.

I can't speak for everyone on here but in my experience all the peeps I have delt with here (OF), are very reputable and honest. To date, I have never worried about a bad deal or had anything really go bad, and if it did, (slight issue) it was remedied, with out much issue.
I've made several successful trades and some worth a lot......I've been lucky that others are as honest as I am.

Being you're in New Zealand it's gonna be tough to find a trade unless you find one local, good luck lol. That means you'll likely have to trade someone in a different country. That's where you being new is gonna hurt. For example, if you and I were gonna trade, I don't ******* know you so I'm gonna be more cautious than if I was trading with someone I talked to EVERY DAY like @Wicked.

That being said, you should not go for the "you ship first" ****. Why? You don't know me either. I like what @Wicked said about the paypal thing. The hardest part of that is agreeing on a number but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Condition is gonna play a big part of it but I don't think you're gonna need to add any money on your side if you're getting a XX. Unless those Juliets are both trashed that sounds like an even swap to me. Lets say your Juliets are $150-$175 each. That's $300-$350, fair price for a XX in my opinion. (XM or 24K, Plasma may be a bit more) You may need to add some dollars for a Romeo though. Those go for more than $350 unless you catch @BigRabbit on a good day.

My advice is to try a XX first. The fit is similar to a Juliet but with more coverage. The Romeo fits ENTIRELY different. Before you add any more cash I suggest you try the XX, I bet you like it.

Like racer said unless your a super active member on the forum and people can vouch for you, you might consider send your frames first as a sign of good faith. I’ve been burned in trades such as the other member said he shipped them but they never were.

Being you're in New Zealand it's gonna be tough to find a trade unless you find one local, good luck lol. That means you'll likely have to trade someone in a different country. That's where you being new is gonna hurt. For example, if you and I were gonna trade, I don't ******* know you so I'm gonna be more cautious than if I was trading with someone I talked to EVERY DAY like @Wicked.

That being said, you should not go for the "you ship first" ****. Why? You don't know me either. I like what @Wicked said about the paypal thing. The hardest part of that is agreeing on a number but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Condition is gonna play a big part of it but I don't think you're gonna need to add any money on your side if you're getting a XX. Unless those Juliets are both trashed that sounds like an even swap to me. Lets say your Juliets are $150-$175 each. That's $300-$350, fair price for a XX in my opinion. (XM or 24K, Plasma may be a bit more) You may need to add some dollars for a Romeo though. Those go for more than $350 unless you catch @BigRabbit on a good day.

My advice is to try a XX first. The fit is similar to a Juliet but with more coverage. The Romeo fits ENTIRELY different. Before you add any more cash I suggest you try the XX, I bet you like it.
Excellent advice. Although judging by the competition on the x change I think I'll have to trade for whatever I can get . I live in Newcastle just north of Sydney Australia now so might be a few collectors around there you never know but definitely PayPal.
From not being sure if I wanted to keep my old frames a week ago to now owning 2 pairs of juliets . I think I now want to own a pair of romeos. Xx and juliets!! Addicted

Excellent advice. Although judging by the competition on the x change I think I'll have to trade for whatever I can get . I live in Newcastle just north of Sydney Australia now so might be a few collectors around there you never know but definitely PayPal.
From not being sure if I wanted to keep my old frames a week ago to now owning 2 pairs of juliets . I think I now want to own a pair of romeos. Xx and juliets!! Addicted
Well there's the other thing. If there is even the slightest chance you're gonna get hooked, you may want to keep the original Juliet. How long have you had it? My oldest one I've had since 2000 when I was in college and can't imagine ever letting it go.

Well there's the other thing. If there is even the slightest chance you're gonna get hooked, you may want to keep the original Juliet. How long have you had it? My oldest one I've had since 2000 when I was in college and can't imagine ever letting it go.
I'll give you $200.00

Latest Posts

Back