• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Transfer Case gets stucked

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
Hi guys!
I'm back here in the watch section asking for your help once again. I've noticed that my Transfer Case seems to get stucked every once in a while (the seconds hand seems to jam) and obviously the time in my watch gets all messed up. Sometimes after I fix the time the watch works perfectly and it can be like that for 3/4 months. But some other times it gets all messed up again a few days after being fixed. Any idea how to fix this? Or what may be causing it? I initially thought the battery might be dying, but its been like 6 months and it is still working. I might do a battery switch just to be sure, but Im guessing that wont fix the issue, hopefully Im wrong.
Thanks in advance!
Here is a pic of the watch:

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Some Quartz movement have a feature called EOL (end of life) indicator , the second hand will jump several seconds at a time letting you know the battery needs to be replaced soon..
(Yours may not have EOL)

That being said, batteries are cheap, so I would try that first, just because the battery is not that old doesn't necessarily mean it's good, could be defective

Give replacing the battery a shot and let us know how it turns out.
Also check for and remove any debris you may see.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone 5SE using Tapatalk

Some Quartz movement have a feature called EOL (end of life) indicator , the second hand will jump several seconds at a time letting you know the battery needs to be replaced soon..
(Yours may not have EOL)

That being said, batteries are cheap, so I would try that first, just because the battery is not that old doesn't necessarily mean it's good, could be defective

Give replacing the battery a shot and let us know how it turns out.
Also check for and remove any debris you may see.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone 5SE using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. I had no idea the 5 second movement was called EOL, my old Bullet has that, but I'm not sure about the Transfer Case. I'll definitely go for the battery change and see where it goes from there.
Thank you Shofzr and Frank!

Back