• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tried on new x-metals

Status
Not open for further replies.
kronin 1st you tell me I cut my lenses wrong, then you tell me battlestar galactica original series goes downhill, now you tell me I'm wrong about the new x-metals. You just love giving bad news to me I figure

Well, not really - I agree they're not as good as original x-metals and are overpriced. But I've argued elsewhere (when they came out in Feb there were A LOT of threads about this) that calling them x-metals is just marketing and they should be evaluated for their own merits, not in comparison. And, on their own, I think they're not bad and I like that Oakley isn't just churning out more boring near-identical lifestyle pairs.

My point of dispute is your observation that their release has already started devaluing original x-metals. That was my biggest concern back in the rumor days, but now that they're out, I don't see that. At most, there's been newbies coming here thinking they're the same thing and becoming shocked to learn that they aren't. But the pricing on original x-metals has stayed within the normal fluctuations.

What has been foolish (IMO) is those who even-trade an original x-metal for one of these neXt-metals. It's just a value thing - the neXt-metals are still in production and a used pair will always go for (and can be found for) less than MSRP. While the original x-metals a discontinued, collectable item etc etc

Ya I get that feeling about several members on this forum....Ya'll are just jealous I'm better looking lol
uploadfromtaptalk1427320113189.jpg

Even the fact that they call it X-metal cheapens the rest of my x-metals.
Perhaps not monetarily as much, but for at least some it pollutes the waters and poisons the bloodline.

However, on the other hand you have different fingers; One could say them new cheap ass piece of shOmatter fleXmetals reflect how much more valuable the original X Metals are.

I see both as valid points not necessarily tied to monetary value as Oakley has also played the supply chain to a point where the new junk seems to be simultaneously flooding the market at the same time many SKUs are backordered. Bravo! Oakley, Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back