• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Triggerman - what lens to get?

Fadetoblack

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys, i am new here. I am looking to get a new pair of sunglasses and looked at a few instore and liked the look and feel of the triggerman model (also liked the badman but a bit too expensive for my budget ). I am just not sure what lens to go for as I like them all somewhat. I do spend quite a bit if time at the beach and it is sunny most of the time so am thinking of getting polarised lens. The options for that are sapphire or tungsten otherwise prizm daily. Otherwise there is the BIP but that is not polarized. I like the look of the sapphire but it might be a bit flashy. If any people have these glasses what did you go with or what would you suggest?

Hi guys, i am new here. I am looking to get a new pair of sunglasses and looked at a few instore and liked the look and feel of the triggerman model (also liked the badman but a bit too expensive for my budget ). I am just not sure what lens to go for as I like them all somewhat. I do spend quite a bit if time at the beach and it is sunny most of the time so am thinking of getting polarised lens. The options for that are sapphire or tungsten otherwise prizm daily. Otherwise there is the BIP but that is not polarized. I like the look of the sapphire but it might be a bit flashy. If any people have these glasses what did you go with or what would you suggest?
Just a heads up.... you stated that "BIP but that is not polarized"...... BIP IS a polarized lens.

I'd say go with the Sapphire lens.....it may be flashy but is a nice lens to look through.

Welcome to the forum. :)

I wish torch was available for more frames. I'd really like to try it but he holiday ones are a joke. But I have become a huge fan of PRIZM. They are phenomenal lenses.

but he holiday ones are a joke

Why do you feel that way about the holiday edition? I have it, and I think it looks great. The only problem I have with the torch is that light transmission is 20% so it is better suited for overcast days IMO.

Oh I just wish Torch had more options. Cause if I buy a frame that isn't a perfect fit I end up with another shelf whore.

My vote would be Sapphire Iridium Polarized lens... But with a frame that doesn't have that clear part of the orbital. That's what makes it extra flashy in my opinion.

I also LOVE the Tungsten and the Prizm Daily myself. Very very much. So much that I have all 3 polarized Triggermen! All 3 are wonderful lenses. Arguably maybe the Sapphire might do the best in bright sun?

Tungsten gives a nice warm not quite maybe brownish to look through and good for changing conditions. But it doesn't look brown from the outside when being worn. Looks lie a milder chrome or almost like black Irish from the outside. Pretty cool.

Daily Prizm is a rosy contrast (subtle) but just great for all around/jack of all trades and accurate color.

Sapphire I haven't figured out yet. I love it, but I don't know what I'm getting looking through it yet. I need more time with it. Haha. I get a little contrast (good) despite Oakley listing them as a neutral lens. Accurate colors. I definitely like them a lot though. But they look best on a dark frame in my opinion. Like on the Badman that I custom changed the lenses around in.

I'll post a couple pics of my Triggermen and also the Badman with the Sapphire in a dark frame.

It's worth mentioning that the BI (Black Iridium) even though is not polar "might" be the darkest in terms of light transmission? I might be wrong. But I personally like a little just it contrast. Unless I'm in bright sun all day, BI or BIP can get a little boring (to me).

Badman Dark Carbon with Sapphire (lens swap)
ea1ed1eb1b805d95718c6872eee00f95.jpg
e726af2fd9460b3706e3e0ffd27b378a.jpg

Trigger Daily Prizm
134ee15f0713044456d561526fbee255.jpg
a9f8aa4352674a7e03f8bb5ddff27dc4.jpg

Sapphire Triggerman.
e368512558954bf3390b8fc1e2aa96e1.jpg
66dca9f43ff9d44e8e475a7e5270b183.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions guys and the photos Stanley. I am not sold on the holiday torch with the clear frame. With the prizm lens I prefer something more mirrored. I am tossing up between the sapphire or tungsten polarised or the black or ruby iridium. I will need to have another look instore. I don't mind the clear section on the sapphire frame.

Latest Posts

Back