• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Triple wide case x metal lights

Rufio

Oakley Enthusiast
my case came with zero lights. It has the original lighting setup BUT nothing to go by. Two questions for you experts:

1: what lights originally came with the case?

2: What's the best bulb you can get that will screw in for the best lighting? Maybe led?

p.s. Not going to add light bars or strips yet. I just need the best bulb for the job at this point.

The original lighting used in in the aluminum cases were the stores cast metal halogen lighting. I'm currently in the same boat with the original lighting bracket in my new double wide. Decided to go the route of having a metal fabricator make me a new aluminum bracket so that i can install 3 recessed LED lights.

Hey Rufio,
Congratulations on your purchase!

I don't use halogens because they're very inefficient and power hungry. Worse still, they produce a lot of heat which will radiate noticeably onto the top shelf and sunglasses (which, of course, is not good for them).

You can buy LED ceiling lights which can sit on top of the clear plastic screen. I use 5 cold white light LEDs and space them appropriately. It works really well!
D4R_8338.jpg

D4R_8339.jpg

How did you get the mirror to stay up top in that location? My light fixture panel prevents that location. The only spot is right in front of the Oakley icon in the middle

How did you get the mirror to stay up top in that location? My light fixture panel prevents that location. The only spot is right in front of the Oakley icon in the middle
On these old aluminium cases, there is a removable "shell" that sits across the top of the case. When I got mine, it was removed, so I didn't have anything to mount the downlights on. The top of my case is completely open, so I can sit the mirror anywhere. I just have small 9.5 cm high boxes sitting on the aluminium "rim" but which are hidden behind the front of the case so that I can sit display items on top of the case.

If I remember next week, I'll take a photo so you have a better idea.

Any idea what size light would fit perfectly in the original display case sockets?

Back