• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Triple Wide Shelf Dimension Request & Support Rod Questions

gdiii18

Oakley Expert
Oahu
Hi,
I recently obtained a triple wide case without the shelves and support rods. I'm wondering if I could get some assistance with the following:
  • What are the dimensions for the shelves? Not sure if the thickness of the shelves varied between the different x-metal cases, but if it did, can I get the thickness measurement as well?
  • In looking at the pictures of other members' triple wide, it appears that the support rods could be a a threaded rod with aluminum spacers that separate and support the shelves? Is it possible to replicate the support rod system with hardware found at a local hardware store? How is the rod held into place on the top-most shelf?
Thank you!

Wish I could help you on this. Someone should be able to. Nice to see another Hawaii member.

I also bought a triple wide missing a shelf. Ill measure for you. For the rods, buy some aluminum stock (3/8") from lowes or home depot and take it to a machine shop to have the ends beveled. My machine shop (unfortunately) had a minimum shop fee of $38 but he said if they didnt it would have been about $15. The rods measure 223mm each including the beveled end
14-5/8" x 47-1/4 x 3/8"

EDIT It appears to be 3/8" holes and about half inch stock. I bought mine at a box store. Here is a pic compared to a stock one that I had made.
IMG_20160708_070255857.jpg

A few more photos for reference
IMG_20160708_071334877.jpg
IMG_20160708_071326539.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much @the_owl for the support bar information and pictures--I really appreciate it! Look forward to the shelf dimensions as well. Thank you again.

Latest Posts

Back