• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tron Boss

BHarry

The Eclectic Collector
Northern Nevada
I was recently able to acquire a pair I didn't think I would ever own. They didn't have the outer retail box or the microbag and they had a few small marks on the etched lens. None of this was a dealbreaker for me because I intended to wear them! NSW...:superman:

I know I have been recently beat to the punch on this one, but my plan was to add Ice lenses to them. I think we almost all agree they look much better that way and further differentiates them from the other PB1s :king:. I also purchased an elite bag just to kind of complete the set. I may have a new favorite pair! :cool:
IMG_5253.JPG
IMG_5254.JPG
IMG_5255.JPG
IMG_5256.JPG
IMG_5257.JPG
IMG_5258.JPG

I was recently able to acquire a pair I didn't think I would ever own. They didn't have the outer retail box or the microbag and they had a few small marks on the etched lens. None of this was a dealbreaker for me because I intended to wear them! NSW...:superman:

I know I have been recently beat to the punch on this one, but my plan was to add Ice lenses to them. I think we almost all agree they look much better that way and further differentiates them from the other PB1s :king:. I also purchased an elite bag just to kind of complete the set. I may have a new favorite pair! :cool:
View attachment 310479 View attachment 310480 View attachment 310481 View attachment 310482 View attachment 310483 View attachment 310484
Congrats!!!! :party:

Correct. I saw someone's Tron with some aft mkt lenses that looked Sapphire, so I used my XX sapphires to compare, and the color is almost identical to the Tron Icon. Only problem is that there's no sapphire donor with the same curvature so I might end up using a Turbine for it
I say go for, I would really like to see those!

I actually hadn't thought of Sapphire, but that would look awesome with the color of the icons!

Very nice- still believe this should have been the stock lens but, as I said in my thread, that makes these all the more special. Now, that said- the primary issue I had with Sapphire was that a) as noted above, you can't get the proper base curve and if I'm building a totally awesome top of the line custom in my favorite variation of my favorite non X-Metal frame it's going to have the right base curve; but almost equally as important is b) Sapphire still has an inexcusable degree of light transmission at 20% and it's polarized variant doesn't help that at all. Max it should have been is 16%- the lens just can't keep up (at least not in urban/suburban California) with the conditions at is nearly unwearable. I do agree the color matching is much better- but I guess it comes down to your priorities, preferences and how much you'd like to sacrifice form or looks over function (and like in a display only piece it wouldn't matter at all).

Either way, beautiful piece.