• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TRON HDO-3D Gascan Question

I went to see Tron 3D... I brought my Tron 3DO's... But I went to see it in IMAX. IMAX does not support O3D, so I was out of luck. When they come out with another decent 3D movie, I'll go see it optically correct.

The design on the glasses are sweet. I would never want something gimmicky or "Disney" on a Pit Boss, but the Gascan is cool because it's dark-theatre and display only.

Out of all the 3D movies that I have ever seen, TRON had to have been the ultimate experience. The lighting, graphics, soundtrack, if you didn't see it in 3D, you won't ever get the same experience from the movie other than in theaters I believe.

I have seen only one movie in 3D w my TF3 and it was a night and day difference. I think they are worth it. I want some trons but as mentioned, they are pricey :(. As of tin tins, I got two for 75 :). Brand new!

That's about what they are fetching. I'd be reluctant to pay that for them though, knowing what they were when they first came out. But I guess is supply & demand.
How do you mean?

which is why the tintins are the current value-for-money pair
I have seen only one movie in 3D w my TF3 and it was a night and day difference. I think they are worth it. I want some trons but as mentioned, they are pricey :(. As of tin tins, I got two for 75 :). Brand new!
I can totally see the TRON set get very valuable and collectable in the future, and $275 with all the documents, tags, and box will probably be veryy, very hard to come by in the future. I on the fence 'bout them. They are killer, functional for today's 3D movie experience, which I am not a fan of mostly because all the 3D glasses they distribute in the the movie theaters darken the picture and color quality. These definitley would not save me money in the 3D movie market as I would still be paying the extar $2 to see the movie, but just using my own 3D glasses. I'm really trying to look at this in a future collectable aspect, style (color combo and movie relation), value for their limited quantities that may be out. $275 is quite a bit of cash that I could put that on a pair of X-Metals. Hmmmmm...

Back