• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tron pitboss

LostinOhio

Oakley Expert
just arrived! A r2 Gs and I'm done. Complete box, papers

image.jpg

Those are sweet shades. Given I'm new to the forum, and I can't read everything, does anyone know why they stopped using the elite logo for the pit boss sunglasses?

The Tron PB was an interesting idea but underachieved with black lenses. Ice was the best go-to option previously but with the release of the Turbine a better (IMHO) option became available. Just a better match for the icons/vault and gives the Tron a more distinctive look.

Those are sweet shades. Given I'm new to the forum, and I can't read everything, does anyone know why they stopped using the elite logo for the pit boss sunglasses?
The Elite Logo was not just for the PB sunglasses....it was part of a while "Elite" line which meant you were a different type of customer....one of their "Elite" customers who were on a whole other level. The whole Elite line has been halted........

Thanks. I knew about the elite line, I own quite a few products with the elite logo. But I was wondering if any one knew why they stopped it?

Thanks. I knew about the elite line, I own quite a few products with the elite logo. But I was wondering if any one knew why they stopped it?
Because it was good? Because they were high manufacturing cost, quality stuff? I suppose we can debate the Pit Boss but it was Jim's last design and one that he was fond of so it gets a pass.
I wouldn't worry, like X metals they will probably recycle the name and it will probably smack of irony. :)