• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Troy Lee Designs Holbrooks

mikewohlwend

Oakley Beginner
I was at a store today and saw a pair of almost copper/gold to red color shifting Holbrooks today. I have never seen that color before and on the website they show a purple to green color changing.

Does anyone have any info on the copper/gold? Trying to decide if I should add them to my collection

Red Gold Shift TLD

This years Troy Lee Design edition Holbrook and Sutro were both released in two color shift options, purple/green and red/gold. The red/gold Holbrook seems to be sold out from Oakley and hasn't shown up on their website in a couple months, but they're still available from other retailers.

I picked up both Holbrook colors and love them! The color shift looks amazing in bright sunlight, but it's always hard to accurately capture in pictures. I ended up changing out the bronze alt ruby iridium lenses for a set of 24k gold lenses in my red/gold pair.

IMG_E7507[1].JPG
IMG_7511[1].JPG
IMG_7514[1].JPG

Red Gold Shift TLD

This years Troy Lee Design edition Holbrook and Sutro were both released in two color shift options, purple/green and red/gold. The red/gold Holbrook seems to be sold out from Oakley and hasn't shown up on their website in a couple months, but they're still available from other retailers.

I picked up both Holbrook colors and love them! The color shift looks amazing in bright sunlight, but it's always hard to accurately capture in pictures. I ended up changing out the bronze alt ruby iridium lenses for a set of 24k gold lenses in my red/gold pair.

View attachment 906365View attachment 906366View attachment 906367
I bought both as well. Talked to a guy at the Myrtle Beach outlet store about the gold ones and he said they weren't staying on shelves long. And that he had a buddy that made the same switch as you with the lenses.

Ended up buying both Troy Lee pairs and a pair of the Patriots yesterday.

I bought both as well. Talked to a guy at the Myrtle Beach outlet store about the gold ones and he said they weren't staying on shelves long. And that he had a buddy that made the same switch as you with the lenses.

Ended up buying both Troy Lee pairs and a pair of the Patriots yesterday.
Awesome! The alt iridium lens is definitely unique, I just felt like the thin iridium border gets lost in the similarly colored frame. I think they'd stand out more in a darker frame like they did with the Fire & Ice Holbrooks from a couple years ago.