• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Troy Lee "Not Made In USA"!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!

Not everything Oakley does is in the US. I'm surprised most of you guys think this.

Lenses = made in US

Rubber = made in China

Cases = made in China (you can even see this sticker on the inside of them)

Frames (besides X-metal) = made in China

The glasses are assembled in the US though so they can technically say Made in USA.

but it won't stop me from buying them, I like Oakleys lens, but truthfully, I buy them cause they looks sick and fit great. I really don't care where they are made lol but they need to start putting "assembled in USA" on the ear stem lol

Not everything Oakley does is in the US. I'm surprised most of you guys think this.

Lenses = made in US

Rubber = made in China

Cases = made in China (you can even see this sticker on the inside of them)

Frames (besides X-metal) = made in China

The glasses are assembled in the US though so they can technically say Made in USA.

Some one in the Oakley shop in Florida told me last year the frames were only assembled in the U.S & that how they get around the "Made in the U.S.A." on the arm.........cheeky buggers & it is miss selling as they are build in the U.S.A. but made out of country....mmmmmm how can this be legal selling?

With the lenses being made in the US, who really cares? Even if the frames were made in the US it's still getting the same manufacturing process.

Back