• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Troy Lee "Not Made In USA"!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!

The ****ty part is that if you were to stop buying Oakley's there wouldn't be a better alternative.

I don't agree with that. Von Zipper, Spy and Electric make some pretty cool stuff also. Google Von Zipper Smokeout and Facemelt Editions.
Some pretty cool combos on there :cool:

And lets be honest. Since JJ sold the company, it really hasn't been the same. Still cool, but not the same.

I wouldn't go with any other company, they all have inferior optics.

I agree about the optics for some of them, but if Oakley went out of biz tomorrow, you would wear the same sunglasses you own right now for the rest of your life? :laugh:

I think it's kinda unrealistic to wear the same thing for 30-40 years...at least for me it is :cool:

I never said that but it would take me a long time to convert to something else. No other brand has proved themselves like Oakley has.

luxxotica only bought the exclusive to sell oakley in europe not bought oakley, they buy the oakleys to oakley with low prices and resend in europe.

luxxotica only bought the exclusive to sell oakley in europe not bought oakley, they buy the oakleys to oakley with low prices and resend in europe.

Nope, they are a wholly owner subsidiary of Luxottica group. Lux. purchased Oakley in 2007 for 2.1 billion dollars.

They have been having glasses including o matter made in China for at least 3 years...I have a couple frames ordered from O site that say made in china

If the glasses are only assembled in the USA, then they can not call them Made in the USA.

The FTC requires that a product advertised as Made in USA be "all or virtually all" made in the U.S.

Back