• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trying my hand at Display Stands

Looks great!

Yeah I think they look good, too. And very sturdy, probably less play than OEM...

My only question would be how beveled the edges are; it'd probably do no harm but still the thought of the nosebridge resting on two sharp edges makes me cringe a little bit.

Exactly what I was thinking, you beat me to it. I would worry about the sharp edged in contact with the Omatter nosebridges.

I hear ya on the sharp edges and this was the first one that was produced so there is going to be some fine tuning that'll take place before a batch run is completed. Unfortunately to try and bevel the edges with the laser cutter would not be practical, so I am looking at placing the horseshoe brackets on a lathe and milling them.

Firstly, I don't have a 3D printer and at the current exchange rate it doesn't make sense for me to buy additional stands off international facilities such as eBay or the likes of and ship them in. So with that said, I looked in to fabricating some display stands that would house my frames in a way similar to the OEM Oakley units I already have.
The pics below are of a mock up unit that I had fabricated, but the subsequent units that will come from the follow up run with not have any logos, stencils or wording on them. They will just be plain transparent clear stands.
View attachment 124384
View attachment 124382
View attachment 124383

These look good! You also have a variety of colors to choose from for Acrylic sheets. I figure these should cut in less than two minutes depending on the thickness of the acrylic. Also, in my experience the acrylic cut with a laser has softer edges so it is not that sharp.

Back