• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trying To Buy Some X

III

Oakley Beginner
The desert
Hope someone can help. Im trying to purchase some juliets from out of town. But the guy doesnt have a paypal acc. And he says he just got into the us so he cant set one up. How can i get him the money so he can send me the glasses. Should i get a visa pre loaded with the mondy??

I'd steer clear of a deal like that. Too many ways for you to not be protected, and a good chance its a scam too. The ONLY way I'd consider it is if you've already seen plenty of pictures to satisfy you that you are going to be happy with the purchase, and then have him ship it out C.O.D. If it isn't a scam, the seller should have no issue doing this. There's always the chance you'll be shipped a box with a rock in it or something though, so still not 100% safe. I believe UPS and FedEX have some kind of escrow program too, where you give them the money to hold, your item gets shipped, and once you let them know you've received it and are happy with it they'll release the funds to the person who shipped it. It's been a long time since I've looked into that stuff though so those programs may not be around anymore, but C.O.D. should get you at least some protection. Good luck.

Opening a Paypal account is very easy. It is an excuse of not receving fund through Paypal. I always request selller to list it on eBay and I pay any additional cost charged by eBay and Paypal.

For a rare pair you might be willing to take a risk. If this is a run of the mill Juliet Ebay or our exchange section has a constant stream of pairs, or you may find something local.

Keep in mind let's say he is asking $150, good price right. They get shipped to you and the lenses are scratched that's $60-$120. You go to replace them and the T6's are stripped that's $20 right there. Nose bridge is loose... add another $75. All of a sudden your " deal" is out the window. Which is why you either A. Need to inspect them in person B. Buy them from a protected source. Ebay buyer protection has in fact helped me out. On the forum your safe to an extent, plenty of trust worthy members.

Thanks for all the advise. I found the juliets on craigslist in another state. pic of the glasses look good but of course in person inspection is better. they are new and coin and box are also included in deal. i told him i could pay him on paypal but he stated he did not have an acc. and was unable to open one. also claims he had a sun glass store in cayman islands and just got back to the states and thats why he cant open an account. he is asking 200$ for a new pair of juliets he had left over from his store.

What is that saying again? There's what born every minute?

Seriously he's sounds like a scam, I'd stay away. Unless you're willing to meet him in person for that transaction.

Back