• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trying To Get Out, And They Keep Dragging Me Back In...

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I've been trying to curb off my spending recently after two months of $1000 credit card bills from food, gas, and a few splurge buys. I need new furniture, a new car, possibly a few other things when I move in the next couple weeks and lose the resources of shared living.

Trying to stop buying Oakleys, especially since I've run out of frames I like that fit me. Maybe a few cheap $20 deals here and there, but no pairs that cost more than I make in a day.

Then some jackass puts up a set of MINT M Frame Slash with carbon frames and +Red lenses on ebay. I want these. I won't wear them since they're almost not usable as standard shades, unless it's the lens in a new frame. I don't have any rational reason for wanting them except they're outlandish and basically M Frames on steroids. And they're the best colorway of the model, IMO.

Somebody go BuyItNow on these so I can resist the temptation!

I've been trying to curb my spending as well, but good deals have been popping up all over the place for me lately. If it's a rare piece that doesn't come up very often or at all, i'll try my best to get it as i don't want to feel like i missed my chance. The M-frame you described sounds like one of those rare chances. I say jump on it and eat Cup-o-noodles for a while :lol:

You're not making this any easier...

I messaged the seller about dealing off ebay since he's local. He said he felt better keeping it on ebay and eating the fees so everyone is protected. Fishy maybe? I asked him how is meeting in person, dealing cash, and both walking away happy without paying fees or waiting on shipping and risking damage to move them 30 miles any less safe?

We'll see. Maybe if he budges to $150 I can feel like I got a deal to help justify it.

You're not making this any easier...

I messaged the seller about dealing off ebay since he's local. He said he felt better keeping it on ebay and eating the fees so everyone is protected. Fishy maybe? I asked him how is meeting in person, dealing cash, and both walking away happy without paying fees or waiting on shipping and risking damage to move them 30 miles any less safe?

We'll see. Maybe if he budges to $150 I can feel like I got a deal to help justify it.
I'd do the meet up & cash exchange if it were me. He can just put them as "No longer available" like everyone else does on FeeBay.

DAMN, with everyone getting out I hope to score some good loot from you guys in the near future.... :)
Sucks to hear that your slimming down, but ill fatten up no problem... lol

Rusty, if it makes you feel any better I do plan to own these... Well unless he does do a deal off line with you....

Better?

I'm not slimming down, just slowing down. I was steady for a while adding and subtracting to keep pretty level, then I went and bought something like 6 or 7 pairs with only a straight trade since. Which is a lot for me.

I'll see what the seller says to my last reply on dealing local. If he's still a no-go I'll bow out to not drive the price too high, unless you're going to BIN. I want them but I'm not sure if I want them enough to spend $200+, especially since I don't have a display case or anything and they'll sit in the dark until the time comes to sell or build up a proper display.

Buy my 10w40 Tens so I have some capital to work with on these! I know a proper set with BIP lenses just came on eBay too, seems like I'm going to get shafted on my set having the wrong lenses.

$200 is too much for them IMO.... Otherwise id have grabbed them by now, I have a price in mind that I will stick to as usual but there is no way im buying your 10W40 Tens to help fund your bidding war against me....lmao

Back