• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trying To Tell If An Ebay Seller Is Selling Fake Frogskins.

Hello everybody has anyone had experience with a seller named weivus9 selling frogskins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RaceyRenee

Oakley Beginner
I have bid on a supposedly authentic pair of oakley frogskins from a seller called weivus9 on ebay. I had no idea Oakleys were faked so often so now I'm kinda hesitant and wondering what was I thinking going on ebay for a pair of Oakleys. The sunglasses look real to me, but I'm a novice at this so my opinion is for crap. If anyone could check out his or her oakleys on ebay and let me know what you think I would be so very thankful. Have a great day.Oakley Frogskins Polarized Black Lenses Black Frame New 100 Authentic RARE | eBay

Last edited:
Im not a Frogskin expert but... I would be a little leary as he claims they are polarized but the lenses arent marked. So either they arent or they are aftermarket. I would also ask about the SKU number that should be printed on the frame. Im sure a more experiences Froggie will chime in. BTW, he also has a - feedback for selling fakes.

Yikes! Was looking for polarized on the edge of the lens on the pics and I can't see it either. I'm wanting to renig on this deal. All his other glasses have a don't ask if they are real comment. Seeing all the good reviews and one bad one, they might have bit on fakes and have no idea yet posted a good review.

First time I'm seeing a pair of all black Frogskin frames. Usually the lettering along the earstems is highlighted in a different colour (white, silver, etc) unless of couse it's an Eastern Border all white frame. Also looking through the other items he has up for auction, the Holbrooks are definitely fake and the black orbital frogs with the red earstems... never seen these before. Just on that alone, I think the one person who left negative feedback was on the money.

First time I'm seeing a pair of all black Frogskin frames. Usually the lettering along the earstems is highlighted in a different colour (white, silver, etc) unless of couse it's an Eastern Border all white frame. Also looking through the other items he has up for auction, the Holbrooks are definitely fake and the black orbital frogs with the red earstems... never seen these before. Just on that alone, I think the one person who left negative feedback was on the money.
I just dodged a bullet I think! Just got outbid. I have seen on the official Oakley website that the infinite hero, but never the glossy black ones, have the Oakley emblem blacked out. Yes this seems like a bad deal. I might just have to break down and go to the website and buy them from the company. At least that way I will know for sure they are real.

I say the frames are legit - guessing he bought a pair of these frames - Oakley Frogskins 100 Authentic "Black Out" Colorway | eBay

and then he slapped on some aftermarket lenses

I got those frames and they're actually pretty nice - but you can get the frames for about 30 to 35 dollars

aftermarket lenses (which are usually crap) are about 20 bucks - so what he's selling should go for 55 bucks at most.

Hope this helps ...

I say the frames are legit - guessing he bought a pair of these frames - Oakley Frogskins 100 Authentic "Black Out" Colorway | eBay

and then he slapped on some aftermarket lenses

I got those frames and they're actually pretty nice - but you can get the frames for about 30 to 35 dollars

aftermarket lenses (which are usually crap) are about 20 bucks - so what he's selling should go for 55 bucks at most.

Hope this helps ...
I see that there are a lot of fakes on ebay. I was told other websites like amazon sell fakes as well. I found a pair on 6pm, but they are not black and I just don't know about those bright colored frames. I'm going to use them for fishing and driving so I have to have the gray lenses. The ones I saw that are on 6pm have red lenses and I heard those aren't so good for sports or driving. Yep those lenses definitely do kinda make me wonder. Most legit sellers take pics of the 'polarized' on the lens, I was skeptical but I should have known better.

Last edited:
I didnt think the blackout pairs were that shiny. I guess I should have paid more attention to them when I had them in my hands.

The blackout frames were matte i do know that. They were the only pair i have ever had. They are matte and pretty sweet as well.

Latest Posts

Back