• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trying to track down a SKU - Crystal Black

TheMuffinMan

Oakley Beginner
Recently lost my favorite pair that I was told was 'rare' at the time of purchase.

Frogskins Crystal Black w/ Positive Red Iridium (might have been Violet Iridium) but the 'OAKLEY' emblem on the side pieces was black rather than white.

Any chance someone recognizes that description? I've been trying to go through the SKU list but there's a million of them out there.

Recently lost my favorite pair that I was told was 'rare' at the time of purchase.

Frogskins Crystal Black w/ Positive Red Iridium (might have been Violet Iridium) but the 'OAKLEY' emblem on the side pieces was black rather than white.

Any chance someone recognizes that description? I've been trying to go through the SKU list but there's a million of them out there.

O-Review of these

I found this one but it’s only listed as black iridium but has the black Oakley on the sides

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Nortika! I found this eBay listing for the 03-087 but they appear to have the emblem in white. Coming from a complete newbie to this, would they have the same SKU as one where it's in black?

Purchase date would have been around ~2013 or 2014 from a brick and mortar Oakley outlet store.

do You know what sku your lost pair had?

I really wish I knew, I'm going to go through some old pictures to see if I can track it down. They guy had mentioned they were "rare" like I noted in the original post when I bought them but I took it with a grain of salt. After searching around for a replacement online though it's proven quite difficult to find them.

O-review is the most up to date of what was released, so it’s possible that they did swap lenses, from every other pair I looked at it was the white logo, I would say it’s a best bet those were it but I’m not a frog guru, their are some members that probably could help better
On here

@SouLFuLFroG

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 10.40.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-13 at 10.41.15 PM.png
acid tortoise or blacklight black both have black icons, and they're both semi translucent like crystal black and have +Red lenses.

Although if you got them at an outlet it's possible they were just mashed together and sort of a Mr. Potato Head creation, which typically do not have sku numbers. A photo for reference would help, even if it's not a close up just to get a better idea of how they looked/lenses..

Last edited:
That's definitely the frames I had! And the date lines up, I'm wondering if the Oakley store swapped the lens out when I bought them.
Those are Fairends pair, which is rare at only 30 made... but the icons aren't black. One side is dark navy the other is red - you can see them in this previously sold listing HERE

DSC01134.jpg

Back