• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tune-up Question

jiveSEVEN

I Should Work at Oakley...
Denver, CO
Quick question experts, how long do tune-ups usually take to get back from Oakley HQ? Also, a friend of mine told me he sent in his Romeo 1 for a tune up, and got a Juliet back instead since they don't service Romeo 1s anymore. Anyone ever heard of this? Would it be faster to send the sunnies to a friend actually going to HQ to get the tune-up done and back the same day? Thanks!

mine took about a week...i heard crazy stories about sending romeos and TiO2 juliets with serial # for tune up and received ordinary juliets with no serial # at all!!! technicians switches them out for some reason..:mad:

mine took about a week...i heard crazy stories about sending romeos and TiO2 juliets with serial # for tune up and received ordinary juliets with no serial # at all!!! technicians switches them out for some reason..:mad:

Yea a friend who is a big collector mentioned that as well and that is kind of scary! The technician said they aren't allowed to do that unless they contacted the member first. I'd be upset!

Last time I sent a pair of Juliet's in it took about 2 weeks from the time I shipped them out to the day that I got them back.

for the romeo1, it never needs to be sent in as it has no flex couplers. get your hands on a gasket kit and DIY. for everything else.. the service receipt specify's the model and colorway, so technically you shoUld get your own pair back.. its just flex couplers and rubbber after all.. afaik the flex couplers are the same in all XX, Romeo2, juliet and penny.

Thanks Ernie and Brian for the replies. A friend is going to HQ next week and said I can send him the Penny and tune-ups usually take about 15 mins on the spot. Hope I get them in time so I can send to him before he goes to HQ!

sounds like a good plan. oakley australia takes WEEKS. at least it gets done haaha!

I live in Melbourne, can I just take my juliets into the oakley store in Melb Central, have them do a tuneup and pick them up the following day(s)? Or do I have to send them into oakley headquarters?

Back