• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tungsten Iridium delamination, fix or replace

Tweetbix

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,
First post here, based in Australia.
I've had a set of Batwolf black with gold ghost text, with the tungsten iridium polarized lens, for I would say a decade now.
In the last year or 2, I've noticed what appears to be some delamination on the inside face of the lens, towards the top on both sides and on the bridge (nose section).
Disclaimer: sorry for the smudges, I've only just pulled the lens out of the housing.
20221127_221152.jpg

20221127_221159.jpg

I'm wondering if this is salvageable, and if not, what alternates do I have that are available for the batwolf with a similar tint and polarization?
Would prefer a direct replacement or "upgrade" to prizm tungsten but I'm not having much luck.
As it is, I'm finding a lot of generic tints from the likes of amazon and ebay and smaller retailers, with the only polarized options being black iridium or as said, generic tints.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm gathering I'm out of luck with this lens tint as well?
I don't believe they even sell Tungsten Iridium or the Prizm variant new.
I would say yes. The Batwolf is kind of a dead model that gets one or two colorways a year maybe.

I checked the parts and service site and they do t have the old school tungsten in stock anymore.

You might be able to peel that coating off the back though.

Back