• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tungsten Iridium vs Prizm Tungsten?

MikeyLNG

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of prescription lenses in grey, but they're a bit boring and cold, so I was thinking about replacing the lenses with a bronze base lens. Right now it's a toss up between Tungsten Iridium and Prizm Tungsten.

I am a fan of the Prizm technology, but from a few videos/photos I've seen floating about through the Prizm Tungsten lens, it looks very, very brown? Like just overwhelmingly so. I can't really find too much through Tungsten Iridium, but I believe it's less brown? Any thoughts?

Thanks

It is quite bronzy but man is it awesome. Your eyes adjust really well but it gives everything that sepia touch. And makes trees, grass, the sky and everything pop. Greens look neon.

Really an awesome lens.

Tungsten just kind of washes everything out as slightly sepia.

I've had a pair of Tungsten Iridium Nanowire 4.0 for years. I love them. I feel like the contrast and clarity for daily wear/driving is great.
I just ordered my first pair of Prizm glasses, but they are the basic black. I'm still anxious to see how they stack up.

Tungsten iridium is more of a brown base. Prizm tungsten has a brown-copper(ish) base which makes colors pop. I love prizm tungsten polarized.

I actually prefer Prizm Shallow Water Polarized as a bronze based lens to look through - the greens are a bit more subtle and relaxed overall. Obviously to look at, these are a completely different aesthetic.

I actually prefer Prizm Shallow Water Polarized as a bronze based lens to look through - the greens are a bit more subtle and relaxed overall. Obviously to look at, these are a completely different aesthetic.
Is prizm tungsten and Prizm shallow water pretty similar to look through?

To my eyes yes. Tungsten definitely emphasises greens/blues a bit more, but the difference is subtle. I prefer PSW, so my Tungsten never get worn - I happened to a/b them earlier whilst I was tidying. Light transmission is almost identical.

Back