• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Turbine Gen 1 - Ear Socks "Bulging" or "Bowing" or "Stretching"?

I have another job near there I have to do today, I will swing in and see if there is someone else working that I can persuade to let a set go, if I can do you prefer blue or white?

Any chance you can see if they have a white pair? I have looked everywhere and can’t find any and mine are falling apart. Thanks so much.

I've had my Turbines for about 2 years now. I'd say during the last 6 months or so I can see a deterioration in the rubber on the temples/arms. The rubber is breaking down and turning to putty. There is a bulge on the exterior of the left temple just behind the Icon. The right side has no bulge.

Where the rubber traverses to the interior to act as a grip from the inside, the rubber is breaking down. If I run my finger along the exterior, it turns my finger blue. However the interior doesn't rub off.

I'm not sure if was sweat that caused it or perhaps sunblock. I've looked everywhere for replacement temples but they either cost a fortune or I have to order them from like ebay Papua New Guinea.

The lenses are still nearly like new with just a tiny scratch in the corner. Will just have to wear them till they die. :)

I've had my Turbines for about 2 years now. I'd say during the last 6 months or so I can see a deterioration in the rubber on the temples/arms. The rubber is breaking down and turning to putty. There is a bulge on the exterior of the left temple just behind the Icon. The right side has no bulge.

Where the rubber traverses to the interior to act as a grip from the inside, the rubber is breaking down. If I run my finger along the exterior, it turns my finger blue. However the interior doesn't rub off.

I'm not sure if was sweat that caused it or perhaps sunblock. I've looked everywhere for replacement temples but they either cost a fortune or I have to order them from like ebay Papua New Guinea.

The lenses are still nearly like new with just a tiny scratch in the corner. Will just have to wear them till they die. :)
Where are you located. I can get a pair of Black Earsocks with the opening for the newer "round" ellipse icon logo. I'd charge $15+ shipping. Maybe you could post a photo? Where are you located? Internation shipping in most places is about $15 or less. Anyway, I wouldn't want to wear them like that if the lenses were still nice especially!

I'm located in Switzerland. The Icons I have are more rectangular than the current model. Those socks I can find in abundance but nowhere near the price you are offering. (Usually $40-)
The problem is I don't know if the fit is the same and I would just need to perhaps exacto-knife a slightly larger icon hole or if the design is completely different.

Back