• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Turbine Vs Turbine Rotor

BeccaBear

Oakley Enthusiast
What actually is the difference here? Or is literally the only difference that one is a solid lens (rotor) and the other isn't?

That's what I thought. I just got confused as to why SoccerCoach said the non-rotors were tighter lol

That's what I thought. I just got confused as to why SoccerCoach said the non-rotors were tighter lol
I said that they felt tighter on me at the temple. I know someone else on here mentioned the same thing. But they are technically the same.

I said that they felt tighter on me at the temple. I know someone else on here mentioned the same thing. But they are technically the same.

Damn it lol now I'm going to find some place which sells both of these lol I really wish oakley hunting wasn't so difficult in the UK :(

But if I remember correctly, the dim mentions are slightly different on them.

image.png

image.png

Obviously the lens width will be more but there was a different feel to them which I believe was do to the lens height.

There is always a slight difference in feel to frames where Oakley have essentially made a shield-lens version of a dual-lens frame.

e.g.
Hijinx / Antix
Fuel Cell / Batwolf
Turbine / Turbine Rotor.

If you think about it logically, there is more flexibility in the centre of the shield-lens frame (above the nose), due to the fact that there is no plastic there, only the flexible lens. Therefore, this leads to less rigidity/tightness around the temples area, and a slightly more comfortable frame as it does not grip quite as tightly as a rigid dual-lens frame.

I have a Turbine (dual-lens), and due to how bendy the ear-stems are, the fit is comfortable even on my large noggin.

In terms of shield vs dual - speaking from experience, I do have one Antix frame, and many many many Hijinx. The Hijinx is obviously the perfect casual O-Matter frame - yet to be bettered imho. The Antix is very slightly looser fitting, but I always think folks who wear a shield lens casually in the UK look like a tourist.

:behindsofa:

Latest Posts

Back