• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Turbines help

MarkSpecc

Oakley Beginner
I am looking to purchase some turbines, but am totally new so don't really know what I looking at. I quite like these which have just appeared on the Oakleys site.
Oakley Prizm H2O Deep Polarized Turbine | Official Oakley Store

I made to trip to my local Oakleys store the other day and they said that the darker coloured lenses wouldn't be very good in the UK(not enough sun) and that I would be better off with with normal lenses(grey/black). Are they right ?

Black iridium are some of the darkest lenses (i.e. lowest light transmission) that Oakley make. And there are times when that is entirely justified here in the UK. The dark blue water Prizms will be fine.

Lens tint and base preferences are very much a personal thing anyway.

I say get what u like. Color is based on preference, and u are correct. Lower light transmission usually equals to a darker lens tint. I choose what I'm wearing based on weather conditions. Bright sunny day usually Mean BIP or VR28 BIP for me. Cloudy days usually OO Red, Or something else that is light. When it all comes down to it, it's all up to you.

I personally prefer contrast lenses and found sapphire iridium lenses on Turbine are perfect for overcast days. It's a rose based tint so it turns the drab and dreary days more warm and pleasant.

Thanks guys I think I will go check these out in store, although they seem to have disappeared from the website

Back