• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Two Exciting Pickups

David F

Oakley Expert
Southeast
Before I joined this fourm I never knew about X-metals. I was happy with Gascans and Half Jackets. Now I know... And this purchase is your fault Oakleyfourm.com! I was going to hold out for a complete set but I thought this was too good to pass up. Fresh touch up on the x-metal finish and tune up from X-man and newly cut lenses... So I picked up my second pair of X-metals... A Romeo 1. They fit great, they set off my display and I feel like I own a piece of Oakley history. Only need a set or upper orbital gaskets and linegear says they will have them in shortly. Very happy with this purchase. Thanks @jetta3381

12815139134_6c695e6092_z.jpg

Next is my second purchase... I thought I did really well on this. It fits really well in my display case and every since I saw a custom painted bob I wanted one of these. I couldn't fit the bob in my case withough losing a lot of space so ive been looking for a spike at a resonable price. Again, I think this repersents Oakleys history and an era I honestly think may be gone. The custom paint really sets this off and makes my non-oakley collector friends really open thier eyes big. Looks cool without the shades on but I couldn't resist.

12814805773_fb754b8ecf.jpg
12519727983_ee42aa3939.jpg

Its really thick black plastic. Heavier than I thought it would be. The paint has a really good clear on it too so its smooth with a high gloss.

Yeah, the gloss really looks good and I may try to add a couple of pics of the top where it comes to a point, the blue mixes with the black all the way back. Really a lot more detail than can be seen in the pic. Wanted to put the Romeo on the spike but I read a lot about stress cracks so I didn't. I think I was lucky to get this one.

Back