• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Two Face damaged

Sorry to double post ... BUT! if you double click his picture and zoom in you can tell from the lenses they've kinda been thrown around and are definitely considered in USED condition. That being said it almost does look like a very faint FERRARI logo in the bottom right that has perhaps worn off over time from cleaning and just being thrown around. I almost can see it there. I honestly can't remember whether it is cut into the lens or screen printed on like their OAKLEY logos on some glasses. I'm guessing it's printed on and it has worn off. If you know they're real ... call Oakley customer service and explain and send them pics. And ask them, how could aluminum rust? Their site says aluminum, not C-5 Alloy. If it's their C-5 Alloy then that is a combination of metals, so technically that could potentially rust.
I just checked a Ferrari Two Face and they are not printed. The logo is definitely etched. That must be some strong ass cleaning to wipe off that etching.

Hi Skullverine,

I have the same problem. A small amount of oxidizing started on one side of the lower frame about two weeks ago. It has now "spread" all over, and also to the other side.

They were bought at an Oakley store in Camarillo, LA, 8-9 months ago.

Have you contacted Oakley? Any feedback? I will be in touch with them shortly but would be good to know if they helped you at all.

Thanks.

It
Sorry to double post ... BUT! if you double click his picture and zoom in you can tell from the lenses they've kinda been thrown around and are definitely considered in USED condition. That being said it almost does look like a very faint FERRARI logo in the bottom right that has perhaps worn off over time from cleaning and just being thrown around. I almost can see it there. I honestly can't remember whether it is cut into the lens or screen printed on like their OAKLEY logos on some glasses. I'm guessing it's printed on and it has worn off. If you know they're real ... call Oakley customer service and explain and send them pics. And ask them, how could aluminum rust? Their site says aluminum, not C-5 Alloy. If it's their C-5 Alloy then that is a combination of metals, so technically that could potentially rust.
really shouldnt rust, C5 is mainly aluminum

That is too bad, I wouldn't expect this from oakley. If they are under one year old won't they warranty the frame for an issue like this?

You're right! I can't believe I didn't notice that. There isn't the logo etched into the lens from his picture. There's only a few options here since the bottom is chrome:

1) It's the Ferrari edition, but there's no logo on the lens. ?????????
2) the only other chrome bottoms were the matte navy and silver ghost text which this is of course neither.
3) or they're fake.

Do you have all the paperwork, box, bag?
Did you buy them from Sunglass Hut or a reputable authorized dealer?

As stated before, Two Face was the first time they combined O Matter and aluminum. Being aluminum it wouldn't rust, only oxidize.
With regard to potential fake.. Are there really people knocking off this style with metal lower and all? I've only seen really primitive fakes that were awful looking and about $6. Anyone seen knock offs that were very close to original? If so which model?

With regard to potential fake.. Are there really people knocking off this style with metal lower and all? I've only seen really primitive fakes that were awful looking and about $6. Anyone seen knock offs that were very close to original? If so which model?
A LOT of models.

Try checking the official FAKES thread to see how good or bad some of the fakes come to the originals.

Sorry for the late reply because I rarely check this forum.

First, the picture I posted. It was probably taken at a bad angle and lighting, hence you can't see the Ferrari etching.

@WhiteRoses, I am not from the US so I cannot call the Oakley customer service. I bought it at a local store, which have an excellent reputation for selling original Oakley products. I don't have any doubt that mine is a genuine product. If I remember correctly, I bought the TwoFace in October 2014, and it was brand new, that is, not from the display set. I have taken good care of my sunglasses, and tend to wipe the lenses at least twice a week.

2015-04-29 20.01.42.jpg

2015-04-29 20.01.12.jpg

Last edited:
Skullverine, I'm not in the US either but I called Oakley. They have accepted my warranty and have asked that I post the sunglasses to them for replacement.

Back