• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Twoface 9189-01 and 9189-30

ted2314

Oakley Beginner
Hi

I unfortunately broke my old pair of Oakley Twoface that I had purchased back in 2017, the model I believe was 9189-01. I want to buy the same pair/model because the fit was perfect however on Oakleys site they only have 9189-30 model? What is the difference? Are they the same? The pictures look the same, and the size is 60 16 just like my old pair, its not a big deal, if the fit is not right I will just return them, still just wanted to know what people think about it.

Thanks. That's good to know.. Also I only noticed the twoface advertised online has a new round logo, while my old pair had a squarish Oakley logo (which I think looked better)

So they have just arrived, and its dissapointing, the upper frame is different, it is not shiny black plastic anymore but sort of dark grey matte plastic, looks bad, upon contact with skin just doesn't feel right, the lenses also have sort of pink or red tinge, looking at white surface there is clearly a shade of red, while the old lenses where just grey, will be returning them.

So they have just arrived, and its dissapointing, the upper frame is different, it is not shiny black plastic anymore but sort of dark grey matte plastic, looks bad, upon contact with skin just doesn't feel right, the lenses also have sort of pink or red tinge, looking at white surface there is clearly a shade of red, while the old lenses where just grey, will be returning them.
What SKU is printed on the Frame and what did you order?

OO9189-38
Note in the pic the slight difference in color of the lense, there is slight tinge of red in right had pair, in may not look much in the picture but in reality it is a lot more visible, the old pair 9189-01 on the left has neutral grey color.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Well you ordered a Matte Frame. Can't complain about that.
If your statement about your old frame is correct, your old frame had Black Iridium Polarized lenses.
You ordered a Frame with Prizm Black Polarized lenses. Can't complain about that.
Never the less. If you don't like the lenses maybe a Member will trade a set of BIP for your PBP

The Black iridium lenses are only available with Machinist edition which is a wide fit version? On a website model is stated 9189-30 for the machinist editon but I am positive my old pair (9189-01) wasn't machinist edtion but still came with BLack iridium lenses

Back